Amp-in-the-room tone with Far Field IR?

why360

Inspired
I remember a while back Scott P posted a tip regarding using a far field cab type to get the amp-in-the-room tone for use with FR monitoring....I just came across the instructions in the Wiki as well.

My question is for those of you all that use this method on stage....Do you send that same signal to the FOH or do you use a close mic'ed IR?

Thanks in advance!!

I've always sent the FOH the exact same signal that I'm using with the FRFR monitor, regardless if the cab/IR in a given preset is a close mic'ed IR, a far field IR, or a mix of the two.

I use copy Out 1 -> 2 and feed the FOH from 1, my amp/FRFR from 2. I use the Volume and Global EQ on 2 to tune my monitor/presets for the room. I leave Out 1 flat and don't adjust the level after I set it for the board.

I've always sent the FOH the exact same signal that I'm using with the FRFR monitor, regardless if the cab/IR in a given preset is a close mic'ed IR, a far field IR, or a mix of the two.

I use copy Out 1 -> 2 and feed the FOH from 1, my amp/FRFR from 2. I use the Volume and Global EQ on 2 to tune my monitor/presets for the room. I leave Out 1 flat and don't adjust the level after I set it for the board.
DITTO !!

Thanks for the response guys! This is basically my approach too, just wanted to get a feel for what others are doing.

Back
Top Bottom