Amp choice for really noticing different pickups&guitars

I'll have to give that a try. Maybe figure out a way to kick in the 250K in positions 2 and 4, as well as when the coil taps are switched in.

It's doable. But just one 3pdt switch won't do it. Do you use HSH? Because autosplits with a 5way pretty much does it.
1-neck Hb
2-neck (upper coil) 250k
3-neck&br. Hb
4-neck&br. (Outer coils) 250k
5-bridge Hb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I assume that you are not one of those Guys who put tube screamer Sims in front of the ampsim.
That can destroy the whole spectrum i suppose.

Hi guys,
Just wanted to know if anyone could recommend me a good amp within the AxeFxII (17.02) to have a solid mid-gain lead tone, something dynamic and transparent to feel the tonal differences of my different guitars and their pickups.
I dont know if my ears are tired or what, but my main patches started sounding a bit the same with all my guitars, great, but the guitars sounded pretty equal between them. My main patch is a Friedman BE, I also use the Bogners, Plexis and Usa Leads. Soldanos as well.
I mean I love the tone I get with every guitar, but I feel that sometimes the pickups and woods get lost and every guitar sounds kinda the same.
I'm a PAF addict, medium gain pickups mostly, Dimarzios and a couple Bareknuckles (BlackDogs and Sinner single). And guitars vary from Tele-style to Strat-style, superStrat and all mahogany LP-style.
Music-wise from hardrock to fusion, prog, metal and blues. Lead player, using less and less distortion everyday, learning always new stuff with the Axe.

Maybe an odd amp that works well to make the guitar shine through.
There is so much to try, and so little time to tweak patches becomes an issue. I'd love to be more familiar with all the amps within the Axe, so any help will be deeply appreciated.

If you are the amazing Thomas Larsson, then let me tell you I'm a total fan. And if you are using the AxeFxII, it makes it all so cooler! You have amazing chops my friend. And what a tone!
Most presets have no drive block. Working mostly with the amp sims drive.

It's doable. But just one 3pdt switch won't do it. Do you use HSH? Because autosplits with a 5way pretty much does it.
1-neck Hb
2-neck (upper coil) 250k
3-neck&br. Hb
4-neck&br. (Outer coils) 250k
5-bridge Hb
Yes, HSH, with a 4-pole 5-way selector switch, and a DPDT push/push on the volume pot so I can tap the bridge and neck pups when they're selected by themselves. With the tap switch on or off, positions 2, 3 and 4 are equivalent to a Strat.

Back
Top Bottom