Wish AMP / CAB name on each channel: Sysex request AxeFxIII

Axelman8

Experienced
Hey there

Before posting this #Wish i have read a lot of similar threads regarding my request, but i did not find any specifically like this one in the Wish List thread with the search function. If i missed a similar question my apoligies for posting this request.

*Why this request :
I am on a quest how to extract the names of the AMP block ID 58-61 and CAB block ID 62-65 on channel ABCD from the AxeFxIII with a sysex message.
The sysex for the axefx II is well documented in the wiki and for this request has a working solution in a AxeFxII thread.
On the wiki MIDI Sysex page in the first section is a reference to that thread: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/sysex-0x02-midi_get_parameter.123480/

After reading similar threads regarding sysex usage and trial and error testing on the III, i did not find a working solution.
3rd party vendor(s) have exclusive information (paid for or self engineered). In my opinion, my request could be of no harm to the 3rd party vendors, as there is no block data mutation involved.

*The request scope:
Allready having the option to extract the effect blockID and the current channel and the ability to switch between them is fabulous. It would be very beneficial if the actual name on the channel could also be extracted from the AxeFxIII.
In this request i am just interested in the AMP / CAB names on the channel(s). Switching the channel would be easier if the actual name of the AMP or CAB is shown so the player (in this case me, myself and i) doesn't have to remember it for each preset.

*Out of my request scope:
It could be beneficial to have the block ABCD channel name of effects. This is not a part of my request

*Workaround. Request can be solved with Scenes:
This request could be covered by creating scenes and naming the amp+cab would also do it.
Having the option of switching channels on the fly is a great feature and would be even more accurately usable if the name of the AMP/CAB block channel could be printed and the scene name could stay simple and short(er).

Thank you in advance
Axelman8

For a visual reference for the request:
20210416_140055.jpg

Last edited:
+1

I second the request, for the fun of all the DIY adventurers.

The application can go beyond displaying the Amp name. We could actually show a picture of the real Amp!

I thought about doing that at my Nextion touch-screen, but I abandoned the idea when I could not find relevant documentation.

Here is the controller with a Nextion display showing a Marshall head. It would be very cool to change that picture according to the selected amp. There is room for two amps, and even an icon displaying the CAB layout, which could be extracted from the CAB name (1x12, 2x12, 4x12, etc)

IMG_7400.JPG

IMG_7408.JPG

IMG_7395.JPG

Back
Top Bottom