AMP Block X/Y switching doing wrong between X CAB 1 and CAB 2

Hyper Planet

Power User
in ''Axe-Edit'' When I'm in ''X'' AMP block and pressing CAB 1 for ''X'' AMP it's OK, but if I want to choose CAB 2 in X AMP
It choose CAB 2 in Y AMP!!!, and I have to press X AMP Block again and then it works correct

any one faced with this issue???

hi there,
if i understand you correctly, you were thinking that changing the amp block from x to y will automatically change the cab block settings.
it doesn't work that way.
changing the amp block from x to y or vice versa has no effect on the cab block.

Let me make it more clear guys, the problem is while I'm in "Y" Amp, and then wanna select my CAB 2, the Axe-Edit instead of referring me to CAB 2 "Y" it offhandedly switches to CAB 2 "X" section!

Of course it does. It will show you the current state of the cab block. If you saved the preset with cab 2 X selected, it will show you cab 2 X when you select the block. Switch it to Y and press save, if you want cab 2 to be in Y-state.
The X/Y state of the cab block is not bound to the X/Y state of the amp block. Both blocks can be set individually.

as what Zwiebelchen and i were trying to explain, the amp block is not linked to the cab block.
what you do to the amp block does not affect what was previously saved in the cab block.

let's start again:
supposed your amp block is set to Amp1X and your cab block is set to Cab1X at the beginning.
if you now change your Amp1X to Amp1Y, the cab block stays at Cab1X
if you then change your Amp1Y to Amp2X, guess what? your cab block is still Cab1X.

if you want you cab block to be anything else, you need to change it yourself, the cab block won't change together with any changes you make to the amp block.

hope that helps a little.

It sounds like your preset is saved in the configuration that you don't want it to start out in. If you want Cab1X to be active with Amp1X and Amp1Y, then you'll have to save it that way. Your post doesn't give us the benefit of knowing whether you are also changing scenes during this confusion, but if Axe Edit was truly causing irregular behavior about cabinet selection, there would be 800 posts about it today.

Select the effects on/off state and the x/y state for scene one, save the preset, switch to scene 2, make whatever changes you want to the on/off state and x/y state of the effects, save the preset again. Switch between scene 1 and 2 and see if the correct amps and cabinets are being recalled.

as what Zwiebelchen and i were trying to explain, the amp block is not linked to the cab block.
what you do to the amp block does not affect what was previously saved in the cab block.

let's start again:
supposed your amp block is set to Amp1X and your cab block is set to Cab1X at the beginning.
if you now change your Amp1X to Amp1Y, the cab block stays at Cab1X
if you then change your Amp1Y to Amp2X, guess what? your cab block is still Cab1X.

if you want you cab block to be anything else, you need to change it yourself, the cab block won't change together with any changes you make to the amp block.

hope that helps a little.

That the was exact thing that happened for me, but I think ''X&Y'' AMP and CAB should link together, anyhow thanks ;)

It sounds like your preset is saved in the configuration that you don't want it to start out in. If you want Cab1X to be active with Amp1X and Amp1Y, then you'll have to save it that way. Your post doesn't give us the benefit of knowing whether you are also changing scenes during this confusion, but if Axe Edit was truly causing irregular behavior about cabinet selection, there would be 800 posts about it today.

Select the effects on/off state and the x/y state for scene one, save the preset, switch to scene 2, make whatever changes you want to the on/off state and x/y state of the effects, save the preset again. Switch between scene 1 and 2 and see if the correct amps and cabinets are being recalled.

Well, Actually I thought it could be more simple with no saving or whatever... but thank you :)

Select the effects on/off state and the x/y state for scene one, save the preset, switch to scene 2, make whatever changes you want to the on/off state and x/y state of the effects, save the preset again.

Actually there is no need to save the preset 'inbetween'. Just needs to be saved after finishing editing.

I disagree, because it would limit flexibility.

I know what you mean, but I think the revers is true I'm talking about having both of the options (Link and Unlink) not only circumvent the flexibility but it could enhance our choices.

Exactly. And then there's the problem of figuring out which cab block the amp should link to?

I mean, for instance, when I'm in current preset I'd like the AMP1 X to be linked with CAB1 and CAB2 X without saving before, after or whatever..., and also for Y

Back
Top Bottom