1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

Amp block replaced by real amp + loadbox

Discussion in 'Rigs and Routing' started by dtpancio, Apr 16, 2018.

1. dtpancio

dtpancio
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

I have an Axe-Fx II XL and now I'm trying to in integrate my rig with a real Mesa/Boogie Mark V 25 with a Two Notes Captor (can I say it?). Like an inverse 4CM where the outputs are stereo studio monitors.

Is a chain like this possible?

Guitar-->Axe-Fx's Instr Input-->[pre gain stage effects]-->Axe-Fx's Fx loop send-->Mark V's input-->Mark V's speaker output-->Captor Speaker input-->Captor Line Out-->Axe-Fx's Fx loop return-->[post gain stage effects]-->Axe-Fx's outputs-->Studio Monitors

Thanks in advance

2. dtpancio

dtpancio
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

The difference from the 4CM would be that you could you use both the amp sim and the tube amp, so hypothetically I could use my tube amp in some presets and amps sims in others.

bradlake likes this.
  3. #3 bradlake, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    bradlake

bradlake
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

Yes I am doing it now and proudly with my FAS LB- Xload and Friedman Runt..(And soon a Guytron 100)..lots of fun. Does the Captor have its own IR s? Best part for me is being able to to load any cab I want as the first block after axfx loop return...i can post a preset if you need it later on but it’s easy enough to convert any preset to this by running the FX loop parallel to your AMP block then rejoining before CAB , then you can control muting the output on one or the other if needed by scenes or stomps.

dtpancio likes this.
  4. bradlake

bradlake
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

Screen Shot 2018-04-16 at 7.20.10 PM.jpg
    SCENE 1-FXL only from load box (AMP muted by FILTER block-mute thru bypass)
    SCENE 2-AMP only. FXL muted by BYPASS mode
    SCENE 3 ALL blocks and Bothe amps ON
    ---XL+ 8.02 preset.

Attached Files:

dtpancio likes this.
  5. dtpancio

dtpancio
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

Thanks! Could you tell me more about the wiring and the settings please? Thanks!

6. dtpancio

dtpancio
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

Done! It works simply great!

bradlake likes this.
  7. Bman

Bman
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

I have a THD Hotplate attenuator that has a line out. Would this would work in the same way?

8. dtpancio

dtpancio
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

I just read the manual and I think not. It's just an attenuator in addition with a line out, but it doesn't work as a load, in fact you still have to connect a speaker. Beside that, it will work in the same way.