Amp block replaced by real amp + loadbox

dtpancio

I have an Axe-Fx II XL and now I'm trying to in integrate my rig with a real Mesa/Boogie Mark V 25 with a Two Notes Captor (can I say it?). Like an inverse 4CM where the outputs are stereo studio monitors.

Is a chain like this possible?

Guitar-->Axe-Fx's Instr Input-->[pre gain stage effects]-->Axe-Fx's Fx loop send-->Mark V's input-->Mark V's speaker output-->Captor Speaker input-->Captor Line Out-->Axe-Fx's Fx loop return-->[post gain stage effects]-->Axe-Fx's outputs-->Studio Monitors

Thanks in advance

The difference from the 4CM would be that you could you use both the amp sim and the tube amp, so hypothetically I could use my tube amp in some presets and amps sims in others.

I have an Axe-Fx II XL and now I'm trying to in integrate my rig with a real Mesa/Boogie Mark V 25 with a Two Notes Captor (can I say it?). Like an inverse 4CM where the outputs are stereo studio monitors.

Is a chain like this possible?

Guitar-->Axe-Fx's Instr Input-->[pre gain stage effects]-->Axe-Fx's Fx loop send-->Mark V's input-->Mark V's speaker output-->Captor Speaker input-->Captor Line Out-->Axe-Fx's Fx loop return-->[post gain stage effects]-->Axe-Fx's outputs-->Studio Monitors

Thanks in advance
Yes I am doing it now and proudly with my FAS LB- Xload and Friedman Runt..(And soon a Guytron 100)..lots of fun. Does the Captor have its own IR s? Best part for me is being able to to load any cab I want as the first block after axfx loop return...i can post a preset if you need it later on but it’s easy enough to convert any preset to this by running the FX loop parallel to your AMP block then rejoining before CAB , then you can control muting the output on one or the other if needed by scenes or stomps.

Last edited:
The difference from the 4CM would be that you could you use both the amp sim and the tube amp, so hypothetically I could use my tube amp in some presets and amps sims in others.
Screen Shot 2018-04-16 at 7.20.10 PM.jpg
SCENE 1-FXL only from load box (AMP muted by FILTER block-mute thru bypass)
SCENE 2-AMP only. FXL muted by BYPASS mode
SCENE 3 ALL blocks and Bothe amps ON
---XL+ 8.02 preset.

Attachments

• loadbox 4cm test.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 6
I have a THD Hotplate attenuator that has a line out. Would this would work in the same way?

I just read the manual and I think not. It's just an attenuator in addition with a line out, but it doesn't work as a load, in fact you still have to connect a speaker. Beside that, it will work in the same way.

Back
Top Bottom