Ambient Presets

Radley

Experienced
Has anyone got some smooth ambient presets to share? I am looking for 'smooth background wash'-type sounds that aren't obviously crystal-verbed or harmonized, and I haven't come up with much on my own at this point... Thanks to All!

Has anyone got some smooth ambient presets to share? I am looking for 'smooth background wash'-type sounds that aren't obviously crystal-verbed or harmonized, and I haven't come up with much on my own at this point... Thanks to All!

I have a couple that I could upload in a few days once I get my AFX back from a friend. Feel free to PM me as a reminder if I don't respond back to this. Simeon on here has some great ones also.

The main ones I use have amps: Two-Rock J35, Comet 60, Matchless Chieftan & Bogner Shiva. They're mainly reverbs and delays that make them ambient. Let me know thanks Radley.

Are you looking for something like a shimmer effect? I have a couple of nice shimmer presets that I use at Church.

The MultiDelay PLEX SHIFT is awesome for that sort of thing.

The Multitap Delay PLEX DETUNE and PLEX DELAY types are pure ambient guitar in one block. Follow it with a reverb for an even smoother sound. Use a volume pedal (or your pinky) in front.

I totally agree. I learned this from Justin York (thanks dude!!) to use plex delay with a little damping, reverb and a light chorus on a clean tone and you are in ambient nirvana. You can get single notes with a lush finish, or use volume swell to just get lush lushness :)

I totally agree. I learned this from Justin York (thanks dude!!) to use plex delay with a little damping, reverb and a light chorus on a clean tone and you are in ambient nirvana. You can get single notes with a lush finish, or use volume swell to just get lush lushness :)

Can someone post some presets highlighting this kind of thing? I'd be interested too.

I use a clean or dirty patch with a tape delay and reverb fx. And use a auto swell setting which I setup with the expression tab. Allows me to create pads and swells for almost anything. Looper at the end of the patch allows for extra flexibility

And use a auto swell setting which I setup with the expression tab.

what settings (and blocks) do you use for auto swell? I have tried some auto swell sounds in the past by attaching an envelope to the volume block but never quite got it right

Factory preset 328 in FW 18.03 with the updated presets is a perfect example of a pad style ambient preset. I have used it with the band a few times and it really helped thicken the songs up when the keyboard player was handling the piano in the songs.

what settings (and blocks) do you use for auto swell? I have tried some auto swell sounds in the past by attaching an envelope to the volume block but never quite got it right

I will post one of my patches tomorrow. I use a 5 scene patch and there is always a swell scene in each patch

Here you go.
A couple of things to think about:
Scene 1-2 I use single coils mostly with these two
Scene 3 - Swell scene I use mostly fingers to pluck the strings
Scene 4 rhythm
Scene 5 lead

Adjust noise gate on input if the swell is not working properly, its set to my guitar so it might not sound correct for yours straight off. Also, I use the same swell for lead patches too, so you could copy and save settings as a template and then input them into other patches.

I hope this helps you.

Rock on

View attachment HD Classic Rock Presets 1-5.syx

Back
Top Bottom