Am I the only one who doesn't use Axe Edit?

I use Axe Edit for everything except the things that are only available on the front panel, like the meter bars in utility, etc.

At home my Axe Fx is always connected to my computer via USB, so I useAxe Edit exclusively to create new patches, make adjustments, etc. (Yes, even moving blocks around and making minor EQ adjustments, lol ;) ) I can use the front panel well enough to get myself out of a mess at gigs, and wouldn't ever think of using Axe Edit in a gig setting. (not that there's anything wrong with that, of course) I'd be pretty miserable if I had to go back to only using the front panel. I really appreciate Fractal's commitment to keeping Axe Edit and Axe Manage up to date. :)

yes Chris you are the only one! all kidding aside, i couldn't imagine not using it and having to deal w/ the tedious hardware icons and navigation of the unit.
Ax-Edit, even w/ its few shortcomings, no doubt makes my life easier

There are some things that you can't select with the front panel (for example chosing Compressor 2 if Compressor 1 is not in use), so for "programming sessions" at my home I always use AxeEdit. The fine adjustments at the rehearsal room I always do from the front panel - my bandmates would think I'm showing off when I come with a laptop to program my guitar processor :)

i only hook the axe fx to my laptop when i am doing a fw update or loading new cabs.
as such i hardly use the axe edit.
the other reason is because my signal chain tends to be (if not always is) fixed, with only the amp and cab block different in each patch.
if i read about someone having good luck with a certain amp, i simply save my last preset to the next preset slot, change the amp and cab to that suggested ones, and start fiddling through the front panel.
life's good nowsadays for us guitar players, so many virtual amps and cabs at our fingertips (and i mean that literally; at the tip of our fingers!)

Don't want to miss it anymore

I started without AxeEdit...but I dont want to ever miss it again. Only for creating patches tough, not always open.
clearly another differentiator to low cost modellers. to me at least.

I absolutely love axe edit!! and it was a big factor when deciding to go for axe fx II
in my mind it gives a much clearer and easier overview of parameters and the layout
of the functions ..

awesome compliment to an awesome machine

Very rare here... more when I need to rename patches or waste time auditioning IR's only to go back to the one I was using ;)

If you get stuck without a pc at a gig and need to adjust something you are adding unneeded stress to the situation. I learned from the Ultra when we didn't have an editor.

I have learned to use the front panel if necessary but AE is an indispensable part of my workstream now. AE is a huge reason why I like the AxeFX so much.

Just curious if I'm the only one on this boat not using Axe Edit. I know nearly everyone here uses it constantly. I've used it once to export a ".blk" file and that was it. I use the front panel to adjust everything. I use Fractal Bot for transferring Presets, IRs, Firmware, and backing up everything. Just curious to how many don't use it and are front panel tone tweakers like me?:ugeek

I use both Axe Edit and front panel controls about equally, I don't really favor either method. If I'm building new presets, I have a tendency to lean a bit more towards Axe Edit; however, when I tweak I have a tendency to lean a bit more towards using front panel controls.

Using the front panel is like this:

n9XdUOV.gif

Using Axe-Edit is like this:

7gHGK5X.gif

I'm glad I learned how to use the front panel last year while we waited for things to get sorted, but Axe Edit always gets first choice.

I use both. I do like Axe-Edit and will normally use it first, but I don't mind using the front panel either. WAY better than some of the 90's processors I have programmed in the past.

I use what's in my signature and the front panel when I'm not hooked up.

I need to re-seat my axe-fx display ribbon. Even at max, contrast is low and screen flickers so I find myself on axe-edit more often now (when iPad is packed away) it's better than it used to be, but it's still way slower than a touchscreen editor. Different animals.

I never could get it to work reliably with my Ultra so I'm used to doing everything from the unit itself. With the Axe 2, AE seems to work just fine but I don't keep a computer in my music room. The only time I use it is when I need to add new cab IRs.

Very rare here... more when I need to rename patches or waste time auditioning IR's only to go back to the one I was using ;)

If you get stuck without a pc at a gig and need to adjust something you are adding unneeded stress to the situation. I learned from the Ultra when we didn't have an editor.

how does it add stress? it's not like it's an either/or situation. I love using AE for deep editing, patch creation, importing/exporting/organizing presets and cabs. It's absolutely the fastest way to do that. I also use the front panel with equal proficiency, so anything that needs to be done on the fly is easy as well. It's not like you can't use one if you use the other.

This thread is kinda funny. I remember back when AE wasn't working w/ the latest firmware on the AFX (I don't remember the version... 11?), to see the threads condemning Fractal's seeming irresponsibility you'd think somebody had instituted some sort of genocide. Like Fractal hated our guts and wanted us to be as miserable as possible for as long as possible. I mean, it was such a hot issue people lost their jobs over it. Now the majority is saying they don't need/use it?

Don't get me wrong; I'm glad things worked out the way they did. The front panel of the AFX is most kindly referred to as functional. I'm just amused to see the sea change in people's attitudes about the AE software.

This thread is kinda funny. I remember back when AE wasn't working w/ the latest firmware on the AFX (I don't remember the version... 11?), to see the threads condemning Fractal's seeming irresponsibility you'd think somebody had instituted some sort of genocide. Like Fractal hated our guts and wanted us to be as miserable as possible for as long as possible. I mean, it was such a hot issue people lost their jobs over it. Now the majority is saying they don't need/use it?

Don't get me wrong; I'm glad things worked out the way they did. The front panel of the AFX is most kindly referred to as functional. I'm just amused to see the sea change in people's attitudes about the AE software.

Yep !

I refer to it as Ye Olde FP vs. AE Wars. Its right about when I came onboard and for the life of me couldn't figure out why some here were almost feral towards the people that wanted AE.

'Twas a freaky time around these here parts.....

Back
Top Bottom