Always start on Preset 1 when changing banks?

Georg

Hi team!

I have simplified my AX8 function switch setup so it's always bank up/bank down on F1/F2.
I have also made fotswitch 1-4 equal to Preset 1-4 in the selected bank.

I do not switch on/off indivual effects, I switch Preset instead.

What I would like is for Preset 1 to always be activated/load when changing banks.
One bank for me is one song and I typically always have the first sound I need in a song
on Preset 1 in that selected bank.

Any way I can make this happen? Is there a setting somewhere for this?

Regards
Georg

It's possible with an external controller (MFC comes to mind) but I don't think you can do that internally with the AX8.

Have you considered using scenes 1-4 in a single preset for each song, and using the Preset Up/Down on F1/F2?

I would not want this. When I switch banks, I do it to get to get ready for a preset in the next bank which might not be preset 1. If preset 1 comes on automatically, I get an unwanted before going to say preset 5

I agree with Smittefar. On top of that, I would like to have a function, where you could select the scene you want the preset to load, before you load the preset, but I guess that won't happen.

I would not want this. When I switch banks, I do it to get to get ready for a preset in the next bank which might not be preset 1. If preset 1 comes on automatically, I get an unwanted before going to say preset 5

So you too would like to be able to decide which preset to load when changing banks even though in your case it might not be preset 1. :)

It's possible with an external controller (MFC comes to mind) but I don't think you can do that internally with the AX8.

Have you considered using scenes 1-4 in a single preset for each song, and using the Preset Up/Down on F1/F2?

I have considered it but how would I raise the volume for a solo in a scene? Do I need to use controllers for that?

So you too would like to be able to decide which preset to load when changing banks even though in your case it might not be preset 1. :)
Yes, and I do that by selecting the bank (no sound change), and then when I need the preset change, I press the switch for that preset.

Hi team!

I have simplified my AX8 function switch setup so it's always bank up/bank down on F1/F2.
I have also made fotswitch 1-4 equal to Preset 1-4 in the selected bank.

I do not switch on/off indivual effects, I switch Preset instead.

What I would like is for Preset 1 to always be activated/load when changing banks.
One bank for me is one song and I typically always have the first sound I need in a song
on Preset 1 in that selected bank.

Any way I can make this happen? Is there a setting somewhere for this?

Regards
Georg
If you use SINGLE PRESET/BANK or STICKY PRESET/BANK to change presets, then you can change banks before selecting the preset. This way you can land on Preset 1 every time if you choose. I realize this is probably more tap dancing than you wish, but it gets you there today.

Back
Top Bottom