Alternatives to Fractal EV 1

slinky005

Power User
Using a Roland EV 5 - feels like a toy.
Would love a Fractal EV but no indication of being in stock anytime soon.
Suggestions?

After years of using a Mission SP-2 and modded Ernie Ball VP Jr. 25 ohm, I'm really liking the Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X). Very smooth, full throw expression/volume pedal. Feels very solid and has adjustable treadle tension.

You might keep an eye out on the used market. They come up on Reverb and this forum fairly frequently.

I really like the dunlop volume x. I use one for expression, have a mission for wah as it feels more like a crybaby.

You might keep an eye out on the used market. They come up on Reverb and this forum fairly frequently.
This has not been my experience so far. I never see single pedals being sold. (Either ev-1 or ev-2). They always seem to be sold as a set with other fractal gear. Which I get..

Definitely keeping my eyes open for used ones still, but I would love a shiny new one ;-)

@FullReverse Over the last 2 years I have acquired 5 EV-1 pedals on the used market. All but one of them were purchased individually.
Okay, how does that work? :)

“All but one of them were purchased individually.” And that last one was purchased... in a group with itself?

This has not been my experience so far. I never see single pedals being sold. (Either ev-1 or ev-2). They always seem to be sold as a set with other fractal gear. Which I get..

Definitely keeping my eyes open for used ones still, but I would love a shiny new one ;-)
I've bought 3 EV-2s individually (on Reverb) over the last 6 months or so...

But you have to be alert for them.

Back
Top Bottom