Bug? ALT PRESET - Known Bug in MFC-101 Firmware version 2.01

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
All,

There is a bug in firmware 2.01 which causes settings for 1.04 to be modified so that every preset has a numbered ALT preset assigned, rather than it having the default ALT assignment of GLOBAL.

At present, there are two workarounds:

1. Manually set the ALT preset back to GBL for all 384 MFC-101 presets. Remember the COPY utilities... they can be a real time saver here if you fix one preset, copy it to the first 5 entries, then use BANK COPY 76 times. If you set BANK SIZE temporarily to 17, you can do it in 21 copies.

2. Perform a FACTORY RESET and re-create your custom settings.

We are investigating whether a soft fix will be possible.

I upgrade the MFC firmware from 1.04 to 2.01 last weekend which flipped the presets to have the alternate preset of 000 rather than GBL. I had not attempted to flip them back to GBL on firmware 2.01 I had not performed a system reset by holding down 11, wanted to keep my song and set lists. Today I upgraded firmware from 2.01 to 2.02 then attempted to flip the presets "Alternate Preset" back to GBL per your instructions.

Here I hit an oddity:

I had the MFC powered up with the power adapter, it was not hooked up to AXE-FX II via Midi or Ethernet.
Edit->Preset
Preset 000
Page Right x3
Change Alternate Preset from 000 to GBL
Page Left x3
Then repeat for Preset 000-004
Exit/Save

Then I powered off/on MFC101 and check
Preset 000 has Alternate Preset back on 000
Presets 001-004 have Alternate Preset GBL

So preset 000 would keep the alternate preset on GBL until power was cycled. I repeated this several times. Then I decided I would flip the rest to GBL then post the issue with preset 000 not keeping the value between power cycles

Edit->Copy
Page Right x1
Copy Bank 001 to 002 and press Enter
Get message "Bank Copied!!!"
Repeated for banks 003 and 004
Exit/Save

Power cycled and checked... 000 was back to alternate preset 000 but 001-019 correctly displayed GBL
Change preset 000 back to GBL then moved on

Flipped the bank size from 5 to 17
Then copied Bank 001 to all the others
Flipped the bank size back from 17 to 5

Power cycled the MFC and validated the first 20 and last 20 presets and now they all show GBL including preset 000

Just providing additional information on it. MFC is happy as clams now and preset 000 correctly shows GBL now after power cycles. It would appear something was munged with preset 000 until until I changed the bank size.

Back
Top Bottom