Alright 10.06 high gain players - Thunk/Motor Drive - who's using 'em?

I use them always for clean tones because they give different kind of saturation/distortion and can be used as enhancers. I never leave advanced params untouched because by default everething is very thin to me. I deal with all kinds of distortions to enrich harmonic content. Thunk is very usefull to give missing low end feel without touching eq. On bass and sounds with strong lows thunk should be 0.
Motor drive is Essencial. I use it from 0.33 (generally 1.55) and it makes sound natural.
In hi gain sounds its role is different but also very usefull.

Yeah, I never did really care for thunk on my bass setup. But motor drive... ooh baby. Along with my microtubes B7K in front of the amp... chewy, bassy, goodness!

I use them. Also character and definition are my other favourite deep editing parameters that i found working great for my tone.

I've never touched this before but now that i have i'm glad i did lol Made my tone from flat sounding to overall live and full. Pretty damn happy with the results I have :D (as far as having a good recording tone) Now for a live setup.. that's a whole different story.

Thought I'd chime back in here and say that in addition to these presets, I had basically completely forgotten about Power Tube Bias...

So this morning I fired up my main go-to FAS Modern 2 patch, and set the power bias to 3.2 instead of 3... It's 3D land all over people. Adds that crackle in spades friends. DO IT! DOOOO IIIIIIT!

Back
Top Bottom