Implemented Allow user to set tuner heel down % value to trigger tuner

notalemming

Fractal Fanatic
Hey Cliff, would it be possible to let the user set the percentage value to trigger the tuner? I have my master volume set on the MFC to go from about 80% to 100%. I park the pedal in about the middle & this way I can make small adjustments to the master volume depending on what is needed. Having it this way makes it much easier to dial in the volume on the fly since it is not so sensitive to small movements like it is with the full 0 to 100% setting. Thanks!

Hey Cliff, would it be possible to let the user set the percentage value to trigger the tuner? I have my master volume set on the MFC to go from about 80% to 100%. I park the pedal in about the middle & this way I can make small adjustments to the master volume depending on what is needed. Having it this way makes it much easier to dial in the volume on the fly since it is not so sensitive to small movements like it is with the full 0 to 100% setting. Thanks!
You’d want the tuner to turn on at 80% volume (heel down)?

You’d want the tuner to turn on at 80% volume (heel down)?
Yes, I never have the pedal all the way heel down now so that could save me from using a 2 buttons on the MFC to get to the tuner. Right now I have to go into reveal mode & then to the tuner.

So your signal would NOT be muted while you're tuning? That's something I always find very unprofessional when I see others doing it on stage, or even in the studio. Or would you want the heel down - even though it's defined as 80% volume for you - to switch on the tuner AND mute the signal? Not quite clear what you're asking there...

So your signal would NOT be muted while you're tuning? That's something I always find very unprofessional when I see others doing it on stage, or even in the studio. Or would you want the heel down - even though it's defined as 80% volume for you - to switch on the tuner AND mute the signal? Not quite clear what you're asking there...
The tuner is set to mute output when it's on now. I would assume that would not change using the heel down to access it.

The feature is called “Tuner on heel down.” In your case, heel-down is 80% volume. Does this not work for you?

The feature is called “Tuner on heel down.” In your case, heel-down is 80% volume. Does this not work for you?
No, the release notes say it engages at 5%. I'm just guessing this is why it's not working for me. I have it set to the same cc# as the volume pedal so I think it's set up right.

No, the release notes say it engages at 5%. I'm just guessing this is why it's not working for me. I have it set to the same cc# as the volume pedal so I think it's set up right.

I would have thought it would engage at pedal position 5%, even if that maps to modifier knob 80%. Can you get auto-bypass to work at 80% this way?

Okay, I get it now. You’re using the global volume parameter, which doesn’t use a modifier, so you have to restrict the range at the MIDI controller (the MFC), right?

Okay, I get it now. You’re using the global volume parameter, which doesn’t use a modifier, so you have to restrict the range at the MIDI controller (the MFC), right?
Exactly! I was trying to find the correct name for it in the manual so you would know what I was talking about. It just seemed so much easier than putting a volume block in every preset, (130 and counting) even with global blocks.

Back
Top Bottom