Wish Allow setting the default label for Per-Preset Placeholders to "undefined"

moerker

Experienced
In some real life applications, I have a layout which relies on the per-preset placeholders to activate necessary additional features. If I do not assign anything to them, they have no color (good), but show the assigned per-preset switch number.
It would be cool for this case to get an option to select label for "undefined" (---) to show that the switch won't do anything.

Maybe I don’t understand you correctly: if I assign a Per-Preset Placeholder to a footswitch in a layout, as long as the preset does not provide a PP definition the scribble strip shows something like „per preset#X“. I cannot change the label for this.

In some presets, I do not need the slots, and apart from the turned off ring it would be nice to not show anything in the scribble strips (or the „—-„).

Maybe I don’t understand you correctly: if I assign a Per-Preset Placeholder to a footswitch in a layout, as long as the preset does not provide a PP definition the scribble strip shows something like „per preset#X“. I cannot change the label for this.

In some presets, I do not need the slots, and apart from the turned off ring it would be nice to not show anything in the scribble strips (or the „—-„).
Sorry... I think I misread your original post.

I thought you were referring to per preset overrides.

I don't use placeholders so haven't messed with that yet.

Sorry... I think I misread your original post.

I thought you were referring to per preset overrides.

I don't use placeholders so haven't messed with that yet.
No problem - since there are so many options, there was a chance I have overlooked something :)

My workaround is to assign the unused switch to a block that doesn’t exist in the preset, turn off the LED, and set the name to custom but leave it blank. A simple “undefined“ selection would be great!

Is the switch set to "Unassigned"? In my case, I change it "Per Preset" which allows blanking out the button text. Aha, but you say you can't select "Per Preset" from "Unassigned", which is true. You have to go from "Unassigned" to "Scene" and then you can select "Per Preset". That may not be what you're talking about, but if it is, that's what I do. :)

@Admin M@: Just one more question: is it (technically) possible to switch off the background light of the mini displays separately? At rehearsals yesterday I had the idea that one may also just simply deactivate the background lightning of unused switches (like the LED rings), and be done with it.

@Admin M@: Just one more question: is it (technically) possible to switch off the background light of the mini displays separately? At rehearsals yesterday I had the idea that one may also just simply deactivate the background lightning of unused switches (like the LED rings), and be done with it.
That’s not currently possible. Sounds like a candidate for the Wish List. ;)

@Rex: Dang, I am going to resolder my board and mod it^^
But yeah, I will add this as a separate wish for the next hardware generation stuff.

Reactions: Rex

That it does this makes me crazy. I’d prefer it showed nothing, but something like -- would be better than the current text.

You are right here, but this means that I override a per-preset placeholder, which points to an empty per-preset option, just to change the display title. Though it works, this feels counterintuitive. Though I understand that showing the function (per-preset placeholder) might be wished for.

You are right here, but this means that I override a per-preset placeholder, which points to an empty per-preset option, just to change the display title. Though it works, this feels counterintuitive. Though I understand that showing the function (per-preset placeholder) might be wished for.
You can use the same override on multiple switches, too, so you only 'waste' one per-preset override to blank out as many buttons as you want. :)

@Joe Bfstplk: I absolutely get what you mean, and it is a nice workaround :)
I just meant that - if on a layout something is configured to use e.g. per-preset placeholder #4, and in the preset the per-preset slot #4 is unassigned, the label is not set to ---, but to PerPst#04. This is different behavior than seen when assigning other block types.
The wish is thus just intended to allow setting also the unassigned label (---) as a (custom?) label option for per-preset placeholder functions, without using a per-preset overwrite in every preset.

+1

I use 3 layouts with per-preset placeholders, and the per-presets not used are problematic due the mini-display label.

What I do with non used per-preset is to assign the function of Reveal Hold with no light color. Then I write "." in the mini-display label. It's the best option I find now, and it's always an extra job of configuration on every preset.

It would be very useful that mini-display label shows "--" or " " when the per-preset is unassigned.

The wish wasn't fullfilled until now. That's what you asked by stating if it "ever get fulfilled", or? :)

Back
Top Bottom