Allan Holdsorth Style Improv Jam - Holdsycleanv11 - HoldsyLead - EJ Clean

Synchronicity

Inspired
Hi there guys, just like to share this quick little jam I put together kind of in the style of Allan Holdsworth, one of my favorite guitarists and tones ever. Absolutely loving the Axe FX II, it has always been a dream to have these tones and now they are just sitting infront of my in this incredible black box of magic :), thanks so much Fractal Audio for creating this great unit and all the amazing FW updates that keep it evolving constantly.

Absolutely no post-production btw, just the pure AXE FX II tones direct into PreSonus Studio One.

Many thanks, any feedback is welcome.

https://soundcloud.com/synchronic-design/allan-holdsworth-style-improv

Sorry anyone know how I get the embedded soundcloud player to work? Thanks

Last edited:
This was great to listen to. Love holdsworth and really enjoyed this track. Hope to hear more clips from you like this!

thanks alot :), yeah it really is lovely, suprised how well it sounds with a les paul as well considering I don't think Holdsworth has ever really used one that i've seen.

Thanks guys, the drums were taken from a Vinnie Colaiuta drum performance that I looped a bit of and changed the tempo slightly

synchronicity - in my version 12 lead patch, i changed one of the cabs to the basketweave green mix. really helps to focus the midrange in jus the right frequencies and sounds very similar to allan's tone on the truth in shredding album. worth a try...you might like it!

Man that was nice! Can you post the preset Sync?

I want to try both your preset and Simeon's this weekend. :)

View attachment Holdsy Lead v11_20131108_001528.syx

Thanks so much for your kind words guys, really means alot to me :), will post the preset in this post.

Simeon I didn't realise you created these Holdsworth patches, very good work on them they really are incredible sounding, it is a dream to play through them and i'm very appreciative of your work that must have gone it to it, so thanks again, I will definitely try out this new version too although this one is already amazing.

Not sure how much I even edited the original patch, not much if I remember correctly, just dropped the volume and tone a tad on the guitar.

Back
Top Bottom