All presets sound like DI guitar tone/tuner won't mute

Legion

So I just setup the Axe 2 with my Matrix amp into my 4x12 and was trying the different stock presets. Previously I'd only used the Axe 2 hooked up to my PC via SPDIF. I noticed that changing presets didn't seem to change the tone much, it always sounded like the same bland clean tone. Then I went into Tuner and even though Mute was on, sound kept coming through. The only thing I was doing as I was going through the presets was to bypass the cab block since I was using the 4x12.

After about 10 minutes I was kinda unimpressed with the sound and figured it was strange that the presets would change that dramatically from my studio monitors to my 4x12. Turned off the Axe 2, started reading the wiki. Decided to try tweaking some settings.

Turned the Axe 2 back on and all of a sudden all the presets sound proper, the volume was way louder (Surprise!) and the tuner muted the guitar signal. Anyway, kinda hard to reproduce, I know. But thought I'd put this up in case someone else ever encountered this.

Gah! I'm dumb. You're totally right, I think I hit the bypass button once when I meant to hit FX Byp.

it happens. :)

I once put a fuzz in front of the Axe (which was of course for some reason switched into bypass) - started playing and thought "damn, that's really nasty - I paid money for this?"

then I saw the green light.

*facepalm*

Back
Top Bottom