All my amp settings went back to Factory. -argh!

cragginshred

Fractal Fanatic
I just did some FC controller adjustments now when I load my pre sets and reload saved ones the amp block setting are all the set to this which is not how I had them -what would cause the especially since I am re loading save pre sets?? May not be 'Factory' setting but I don't know what else to call them and they are all the same on every preset......Amp  levels.png

Craig, you on 104 and latest edit ?
if so, known Axe Edit bug I believe , change scenes maybe it refreshed properly.
check the FM3 Amp settings AT the FM3......they are most likely how you had them.

I just did some FC controller adjustments now when I load my pre sets and reload saved ones the amp block setting are all the set to this which is not how I had them -what would cause the especially since I am re loading save pre sets?? May not be 'Factory' setting but I don't know what else to call them and they are all the same on every preset......View attachment 68568
Is this happenening on the hardware also, or just n Axe-Edit?

@Rex its in edit I don’t normally look at the amp settings on the FM3
I'm guessing that means that your amp settings are correct on the hardware. But you didn't say, so I'm not sure.

Try refreshing the preset list.

Also, try changing Amp channels, and see if that fixes the problem.

these are "Default" settings, not factory.

there seems to be a visual bug in Edit as this has been reported a few times now after the updates.

we asked to check the hardware because that will show if the bug is just in Edit or also on the hardware.

others have reported the hardware is showing the correct settings, so this seems to just be a visual error in Edit.

for safe measure, be sure to go to Settings > Refresh after new FW in Edit, as that typically fixes visual errors. if it continues after doing that, let us know.

i haven't experienced this myself, so i can't comment on anything.

@chris, @cragginshred

See this post. It's easily reproducible. Refresh after new FW does not fix the problem. Just change channels on the amp block and it will read the amp block correctly from that point forward. There's also a problem reported with FM3-Edit reading the delay block. FAS has not confirmed this as a bug yet.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-firmware-release-version-1-04.162353/page-5#post-1945595

These are some of the growing pains of being an early adopter of a new product.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom