All in one preset

Arni61

Inspired
Where can I find third-party all-in-one presets that are very useful for live performances? So far I haven't found the right presets that are easy to use and perform live. 8 scenes with different sounds: Clean, Clean with Effects, Crunch, Crunch+, Rhythm, Lead, Lead+
I actually only want to play my songs on stage with one preset, so the All in One Preset should be universally applicable. Does anyone have a hint?

Build your own. It is highly doubtful there's going to be an all in one which works 100% for what you need especially when you generically say "effects" vs what you actually need in that scene and are generically referring to types of tones rather than more specific amps. I'd suggest auditioning some factory presets, you will probably find a great starting point there.

From my experience many of the existing presets, either factory or 3rd party make some attempt to do this. @Marco Fanton, as a good example. I am looking at his '59 Bassguy preset, which I think may be available on Axe exchange?

The thing is though, even with a preset that tries to do this, you will most likely want to take only one of the scenes, tweak it to get the best tone for you, and then use that to create your own custom scenes to get all the different sounds you want in one preset. To do this, you will want to understand the process to creating your own. For that reason I thing 3rd party presets are best as a reference to learn from, and spend time learning how to DIY. Here is one video that might help:

Build your own. It is highly doubtful there's going to be an all in one which works 100% for what you need especially when you generically say "effects" vs what you actually need in that scene and are generically referring to types of tones rather than more specific amps. I'd suggest auditioning some factory presets, you will probably find a great starting point there.
Sorry, that’s not my question

You're literally not going to find one you won't have to tweak. I know you're getting frustrated by hearing this, but it's the truth.

For instance, what does "clean with effects" mean; or "Crunch+" or "lead+"?

Secondly, the FM3, while powerful and versatile, is not great at all-in-one presets. I returned my first FM3 when I bought it in 2020 for this exact reason. It couldn't handle what I, at the time, felt was a very basic "kitchen sink" preset. If you're wise with resources, you can probably pull it off.

But again, no matter what, you're going to have to tweak at least a little; might as well just add all the blocks you need on your own and go for it.

Good luck, and enjoy the hell out of this little unit :)

Secondly, the FM3, while powerful and versatile, is not great at all-in-one presets. I returned my first FM3 when I bought it in 2020 for this exact reason. It couldn't handle what I, at the time, felt was a very basic "kitchen sink" preset. If you're wise with resources, you can probably pull it off.
Interesting that you say that, for me I found that a single preset on an FM3 works great for me for an entire gig. It might be a genre or type of band that makes it harder to pull off? It wasn't until I got a handle on channels and scene controllers that all in one presets really started working for me on the FM3.

Interesting that you say that, for me I found that a single preset on an FM3 works great for me for an entire gig. It might be a genre or type of band that makes it harder to pull off? It wasn't until I got a handle on channels and scene controllers that all in one presets really started working for me on the FM3.
Yeah, I suppose that statement deserves some qualification. I play in a 90's rock cover band; I use a variety of amps, drives, delays, reverbs, etc., as well as a variety of tunings and pitch shifting using the Virtual Capo. There's just no way to fit everything I need on one preset; and given that I like to assign per-preset foot switch assignments for every preset, it's best for me to just make many presets. I think I'm at about 20-some now for a repertoire of about 200 songs. I probably COULD use one preset all night, but I wouldn't be playing with the tonal authenticity I strive for.

Where can I find third-party all-in-one presets that are very useful for live performances? So far I haven't found the right presets that are easy to use and perform live. 8 scenes with different sounds: Clean, Clean with Effects, Crunch, Crunch+, Rhythm, Lead, Lead+
I actually only want to play my songs on stage with one preset, so the All in One Preset should be universally applicable. Does anyone have a hint?
This is not a clearly defined story requirement. It needs a lot of grooming before it can be pulled out of the backlog and placed into the sprint.

1) Place your favorite AMP block before your favorite CAB block. Use the guitar volume to control the gain up or down, depending on your needs, or set scenes with different amp gain.

2) Add your favorite effect blocks and switch them on/off at different scenes, depending on you personal needs.

Further instructions would require to know which songs you are playing, and your favorite tones and effects

dt940517dhc0-720x218.gif

Back
Top Bottom