All cabs sound thin

If the cab modeling was disable, I should hear no difference changing the cab, right? This is not the case
It only takes a few seconds to check...

Placebo effect is more powerful than you think. I can't tell you the number of times I swore I was hearing a difference which turned out later to be impossible.

You could try a blind A/B test.

Also, what guitar/pickups are you using? I recently bought a Kiesel Delos and it has way more high end than any guitar I've ever played.

It only takes a few seconds to check...

Placebo effect is more powerful than you think. I can't tell you the number of times I swore I was hearing a difference which turned out later to be impossible.

You could try a blind A/B test.

Also, what guitar/pickups are you using? I recently bought a Kiesel Delos and it has way more high end than any guitar I've ever played.
I will surely check.
My guitar is an Ibanez AZ prestige with Duncan jb/59
(i know the jb is high heavy)

Not thin. Then again the only guitar I had next to me was a hollow body.

If you're new to playing guitar direct through a modeler that may be why you are hearing things not as you wish.

System reset - start from scratch.
Check the settings Unix Guy mentioned. Not time consuming.

Try Legacy Cab #103 (it's a well balanced greenback IMO)

Quite new
I would say if you are used to actual amps and cabs and you are now playing through studio monitors, that is probably the issue. They never rumble and have the feel like a cab does. That is one of my main issues with these types of units and playing direct. I will have the bass cranked to like +30db, and run a sub along with my studio monitors, and it still doesn't rumble in the same way, even though there is way too much bass.

I would say if you are used to actual amps and cabs and you are now playing through studio monitors, that is probably the issue. They never rumble and have the feel like a cab does. That is one of my main issues with these types of units and playing direct. I will have the bass cranked to like +30db, and run a sub along with my studio monitors, and it still doesn't rumble in the same way, even though there is way too much bass.
Maybe you are right.
I should find some if off axis. Maybe they would be closer to my past experience

Back
Top Bottom