All Amps have no gain on Boot Up [NOT A BUG]

BBN

Fractal Fanatic
This has happened to me the last 2 gigs with the Axe. (since I downloaded FW14)
I boot up the Axe2, turn on my wedge.....all my presets (including High Gain) are 'clean'.
EVERY patch.
I did not record the issue because I do not have time (while in a panic trying to get my rig up and running for the gig).
I perform a reboot and everything is working again.
In between both gigs where this happened, I reloaded FW14, just to make sure the FW is loaded properly.

I will admit.....I believe that both times, when I booted the first time, my midi pedal (RJM Mastermind) was connected.
I believe the advice is to have no midi device connected while booting, so if that is the simple solution, then so be it....and I'm to blame.
But this has never happened to me in past FW's.

My bigger question is - what setting causes all amps to have ZERO gain/distortion?
Is there a setting I can change when this occurs, that will solve the problem? (instead of a reboot with my midi pedal disconnected)

Last edited by a moderator:
No other FX were audible. Just a dead clean guitar.
And my patches did have Delay and Verb.

I did not notice if the bypass LED was blinking....but that will be the first thing I check if it happens tonight.

Could be many things. If you have an RJM midi controller it tells me you are a power user. And that could mean you have a master INPUT volume expression pedal, possibly sending sending CC10 with a value much less than 127, which would be "wide open, toe down". Or you have the input gain or trim linked to modifier assigned to one of your expression pedals and it is reading the pedal position with each program change, and that pedal is sending something less than 127 value.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I am not using an Expression pedal.
I just use the RJM to send preset changes (and an occasional CC value to X/Y an amp).

* Side note - I use the RJM because it's the smallest pedal I've found that displays the Axe tuner :)

Maybe I'll throw a different question out:
If you were at a gig and this happened to you, what would your trouble shooting steps be?
(knowing that you only have 20 minutes max to find a solution)

The RJM is sending a CC message putting the unit into bypass. Go into the I/O menu. Select the CTRL page. Set the Bypass controller to None.

The RJM is sending a CC message putting the unit into bypass. Go into the I/O menu. Select the CTRL page. Set the Bypass controller to None.

Thank you!!!

I wish I had an 'Ask Cliff' app on my phone.
For the amount of time you spend answering questions Cliff, you should have an app....and it should charge people 50 cents or something, for every solution given.

aaaaaaaargh this happened to me today, scared the bejesus out of me.
I double tapped the bypass button on a delay to reset it back to it's default values and I lost all of my gain.
thank god I saw this thread , wouldn't you know it my bypass light was blinking :) I tapped it again .....all was good.

Of course the best way is to prevent the RJM from sending that Bypass CC.

Back
Top Bottom