All amps G3 in Quantum?

it kind of does matter, no one really knows what Quantum is and if it replaces the G3 tech or not, a big deal was made when amps started to be replaced with their G3 models so I for one would be interested what this means for G3 and for that matter what Quantum actually does, I really love my XL+ and the more info I can get on it the better.

It would be nice to know if all amp models are sharing the same core algorithm's, and if some are more accurate than others.

Aaaand it's time to play your guitar.

Would having an itemized csv of 'more vs. less accurate' amps make them sound any better? Or make you think 'oh, it's not that accurate, so I won't bother?'

Sorry, but please enough of the 'I need to know if Cliff knows everything about the amps I play or I won't play them' syndrome. What do your EARS tell you, and how do you like it? Stick with that.

We have 223 amps. 223.
Well, to be fair, most of them are the different channels of amps. So, we have ~100 amps.
I think it would be nice if that's how they were grouped, and there would be a channel switch in the amp block.
Yeah, the list looks more impressive with more amps, but it's more convenient when the list is shorter and the amps have a channel switch.

Sorry, I didn't want to start an endless discussion.
I just was curious if the wiki is out of date and all amps are G3 since Quantum.

BTW, that I'm asking doesn't mean that I stopped playing my guitar or have no fun. An answer like "yes" or "no" or "technically does not matter any more" would have been sufficient. :encouragement:

I think Cliff knows that lots of customers are very interested in the details of his work. He wouldn't bother with release notes or to come up with catchy names like Quantum or G3 if otherwise.
He always gives us something new to look forward to, and that is appreciated by many of us.

So, my point is, no need for grumpy replies in this thread. In my opinion, for a product like this, info does matter. After all, thats why we come to this forum right?
And I'm not going to speculate about the subject; I'll just wait and see if Cliff will give us an answer.

Thank you!
Cheers!

I don't give a fiddler's fart about G3 or Quantum oder whatever - I trust my ears and I love it! The rest is marketing... :)

Unfortunately the competition is watching everything we do and copying a lot of our ideas. I can no longer be as forthcoming about what is going on in the inner workings.
I'm not a patent expert, but an innovation or technology tends to be more defensible if it's kept out of the public domain.

I'm perfectly good with two key words, "Magic Sauce"

Something like "we added new/different magic sauce" or "it sounds/feels better due to the magic sauce" or "we tweaked the magic sauce a bit," or, "we have new feel-related/cab-related/amp-related magic sauce coming in our next update/product."

Something like "we added new/different magic sauce" or "it sounds/feels better due to the magic sauce" or "we tweaked the magic sauce a bit," or, "we have new feel-related/cab-related/amp-related magic sauce coming in our next update/product."

They always do. :eagerness:

Unfortunately the competition is watching everything we do and copying a lot of our ideas. I can no longer be as forthcoming about what is going on in the inner workings.

I don't think they will catch you but they sure are making the claims. Unfortunately people can believe something without a tangible experience. IMHO

I'm agree... bud fellers let Cliff doing his job, it's better we spend our time more on playing the guitar instead of asking some unreasonable questions like a journalist, does a pilot ask boeing or airbus why you're making a 4 or 2engine aircraft or does an airbus A-340-600 going faster than to A-380.

Last edited:

By all means! You need to protect your product! There's really nothing that will benefit us by knowing what your doing inside . I'm happy with the results ! That's all we need!

Back
Top Bottom