All amp models have have a high frequency rasp

I didn’t read much of the meat of the thread, but I’ve also got Fishman’s and was working with 5” monitors for a long time, recently upgraded to HS8’s from the HS5’s.

Lots of revelations when I switched; the first one being that due to only having a narrow frequency area to work in, some things get put into focus a lot more than others. Playing my old mixes on the new speakers showed very clearly that I had only been working in the mid-treble areas.

Doesn’t matter if it’s EMG’s or Fishman’s, active pickups seem to take a certain frequency that really loves that upper mid area and just glue it to everything you play. Those + 5” speakers that only detail mids-treble = “All I hear is mids and treble”

I believe the majority of stuff NDSP puts out has hyped highs/lows and that may be a big contributor to what you’re hearing in differences between the two products.

I wonder if it’s not the Fluences? I have a guitar with the open core classics and they have a weird high mid, treble spike that comes off as stringy and super bright.
Oh man I thought that was just my guitars. I have 2 with the OC Classics and that hi-mid ring is intense.

I have the OC Moderns in another guitar and they sound identical to the regular moderns as far as I can tell (they're just the Heafy set really).

Check input and output levels for clipping
Different guitars and pick ups affect presets dramatically.
Try building a preset from scratch and tailor it to your preference.
High gain adds compression and sometimes less is more-more is more too…
Best.

Back
Top Bottom