Aligning LFOs with the band

Is there a way to align the timing of the LFOs (controllers) so that they begin when I engage a scene?

I have an effect parameter tied to an LFO (Saw Up). When I turn that effect on, I want that LFO to be at the 1st step of it's climb.

I have tried a few ways with the LFO but I can't seem to control it. Re-tap-tempo with 4 clicks, trying to align the "1s" did not work.

(I can do it with the sequencer, but I'd like to find a way to do it with the LFO)

I have had the same problem for more than two years. It's not only about LFOs and step sequencer but also synced Tremolo effects. It would be really cool to be able to sync them to the drummer without building complicated buggy chains and losing scene controllers for other duties. It seemed nobody had the same problem back then so I am glad to come back and see I am not the only one anymore. Maybe there is hope to get a feature like this. Is there a WISH report I can support? If not, maybe those of you who need such a feature can support my wish request (where the quote is from).

Thanks,
Timon

It would be a great feature to be able to change the position of the internal Tempo without changing the Tempo itself. By pressing that switch (that could be one of the F-Switches) the Tempo stays the same but starts to count from that time when you hit the switch. Not only tempo dependent effects like Tremolo are reset and restart their LFO from that point, also the modifiers LFOs and the step sequencer are reset to their wave start or to position 1.

This would allow to lock step sequencer patterns or long filter sweeps to the right song position with a drummer that plays to a click in the preset tempo and would be a really important feature for me.

Thanks,
Timon

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/tempo-position-reset.120293/

Last edited:
I have a preset that uses the LFO to control a pitch block. The LFO tempo is defined by the preset tempo and I believe I'm using an ADSR controller to trigger the LFO start. I just need to make sure to mute my guitar for a little while before I start the LFO. Unfortunately our drummer doesn't care sh.. about my preset tempo.

Is there a way to align the timing of the LFOs (controllers) so that they begin when I engage a scene?

I have an effect parameter tied to an LFO (Saw Up). When I turn that effect on, I want that LFO to be at the 1st step of it's climb.

I have tried a few ways with the LFO but I can't seem to control it. Re-tap-tempo with 4 clicks, trying to align the "1s" did not work.

(I can do it with the sequencer, but I'd like to find a way to do it with the LFO)

Hey, how exactly are you aligning the sequencer on it’s first step? That’s exactly what my problem is! Your help would be vastly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom