Aliens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything at or around our level of technology or below won’t be able to find us due to “the Great Filter” concept (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Filter)

IMO, any aliens above our level of technology will fall into one (or a few) of these categories:
*so advanced we would view them as god/gods upon contact.
*so advanced we would be uninteresting and ignored, like dust mites in an abandoned house. Or worse, not ignored but treated with such disdain that we could be wiped out; tossed away like a dirty kleenax
*so advanced that what we might mistake for alien life/contact is just one of their automated processes - observational drones, organic robots, etc
*so advanced they are completely unrecognizable and unable to communicate or possibly even see we exist
*probably a hundred other scenarios

Anything at or around our level of technology or below won’t be able to find us due to “the Great Filter” concept (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Filter)

IMO, any aliens above our level of technology will fall into one (or a few) of these categories:
*so advanced we would view them as god/gods upon contact.
*so advanced we would be uninteresting and ignored, like dust mites in an abandoned house. Or worse, not ignored but treated with such disdain that we could be wiped out; tossed away like a dirty kleenax
*so advanced that what we might mistake for alien life/contact is just one of their automated processes - observational drones, organic robots, etc
*so advanced they are completely unrecognizable and unable to communicate or possibly even see we exist
*probably a hundred other scenarios
You forgot the Perry Farrell observation, "We'll make great pets!"

See the great thing about all this is that "beliefs" are irrelevant. There is either empirical, observable, repeatable evidence or there isn't. That's how everything works.
Indeed. As I believe we'll terminate ourselves before a contact as portrayed in the fantasies will occur. It s based on trends regarding technology advancements, human behaviour and the zero real proof of past alien contact. Still a belief though as I don't really know anything.
Just hope they can wait another 70 years so I won t be around at that point ☺️

I'm interested since the Belgian wave in 1989.
A lot of credible witnesses, one who told me what she saw before it was told in the press.
Since then I have to admit the the UFO is something real, and it hurts my logical beliefs.
I can't come to an explanation. And I just wish to know.

One thing is for certain: there is no stopping them; the ants will soon be here. And I for one welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a keyboard warrior, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.

For those who're into UFO's, stories of abductions, the idea of first contact, etc.:
If you aren't already aware of Jimmy Akin's Mysterious World podcast, I think you should give it a try...

(The Skinwalker Ranch episode, as an example)

I like Jimmy Akin. Pretty well reasoned and balanced, and perfectly willing to say so if, in the end, he suspects a story is absolute bunk. But, he does a good job with the initial storytelling, and relays a lot of information in a measured way (with links to yet more info, for those who want to do a deeper dive).

In his other job, he's writes popular-level apologetics books from a Christian (specifically Catholic) perspective, and when a spooky topic involves things which might have some relevance to religious faith, he calls that out and discusses from a "faith perspective." (For example, if someone attributes something spooky to "demons" he asks, "On the face of it, how likely is that?") For UFO sightings, he mostly emphasizes evaluating them using critical thinking about the evidence (the "reason perspective"). So I think pretty much anyone can find him engaging to listen to.

(I suppose I should say: I have no affiliation with the podcast, and nobody paid me to say all that just now; I just like how the guy talks and thought anyone interested in this thread would feel similarly.)

One thing is for certain: there is no stopping them; the ants will soon be here. And I for one welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a keyboard warrior, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.
They’ll eat you first.

I believe there's more to this planet than we know...Three quarters of the Earth is covered by water! We keep searching outer space, but there's probably life here that we don't know about yet.
We know for a fact that there’s undocumented species here based simply on the number of new species we document right here on our little wet pebble every year, both living and recently or long-since extinct. That’s good enough reason alone to assume that there are or were myriad species on countless other wet pebbles in countless galaxies in an infinite number of universes.

As you all can see I’m pretty flexible when it comes to this stuff. Again, evidence is evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom