Alien isolation

Guitarjon

Fractal Fanatic
Any Alien fans out here?
The Alien movies have been my favorite sci-fi movies ever, especially the first 2.
I've lost count of the times I watched those movies.
Anyhow, a new game has just been released called Alien Isolation if you don't know already.
I've been playing for a few hours and I must say I'm really impressed.
The only problem is that I've been scared shitless almost every second.
The game captures the vibe, atmosphere and terror of the first movie very well.
I highly recommend picking this up!
Any Alien fans out here?

Lol - literally just got on the forum after playing this for an hour right now. Its dark and raining outside, and one hour playing alone with headphones on was all I could take. I agree with u on all points - this stuff is scary and it's got the vibe from the movies all right!

They mostly come out at night. Mostly.

i-f8Ls2jt-1050x10000.jpg

(From Penny Arcade, and no, I have not played the game myself...)

I'm still hooked on Destiny for PS4. Getting The Evil Within on Tuesday. Sorry to hijack the thread, Alien Isolation looks great. I hope it's better than the previous iterations of the franchise.

On of my all time favorite movies... way ahead of it's time when it came out back in 79. Even though it had really great effects I was disappointed with Prometheus as a prequel to Alien as it posed more questions then it did answers. Aliens was pretty good as well but the rest of the offerings were too diluted and didn't offer the same thrill the first two movies did.

Agreed - Prometheus was a beautifully done movie with very cool effects, but the whole premise was dumb, IMO.
My dad took me to the original Alien at the movies when it came out. I was in the 4th grade, and HE almost passed out when the thing busted out of the guy's chest.

I love the Alien movies, and Prometheus too.
Not sure if I'm liking the game.
It seems like a movie where you have just have to keep moving forward to follow the storyline. Probably one hour into the game and there's no real challenge
And also there's no real scary stuff going on.
I'm pretty sure that the first time we'll see it will be in a cinematic scene. So nothing's really scary.
IMO The Vanishing of Ethan Carter and the Wolfenstein are the best "new" games around.

Back
Top Bottom