Alex Lifeson finally admits stealing the keys to the Fractal while tech Scotty naps

Alex should talk to the Edge. By the size of the Edge's rig, he thinks like Alex - "if it aint broke, dont fix it." But he could reduce his rig substantially.

M

Not to mention he has an endorsement deal with Hughes and Kettner. I often wonder why the well known artists are mostly only using it for fx. Not for amp sim. Live would be the perfect time to use it. They could very accurately replicate their studio tones from all eras of the band. Seeing RUSH last week was great but I saw Alex doing an awful lot of staggered footswitching. Get on FW9 with scenes Lerxst!

Alex is locked in at FW 6.xx for this tour.

Once you have it dialed and are on the road... you do not touch it till after the tour.

I was surprised to see that Steve Vai had someone from Fractal come out and make some changes mid-tour. When I recently saw Steve play Asheville, NC, I thought it was cool that he used the reverse echo effect on "The Ultra Zone"!

The Acoustic tone coming from the piezos in his Les Paul though the AxeII Tone Matching was excellent. Sounded like a high quality acoustic guitar with a good pickup. Very very very nice.

A friend saw them in Minneapolis a few weeks back and one of the first things he said was how fantastic his acoustic sound was and "he was using a Les Paul!!". I had to fill him in on the other part of the equation...

I want to see the big boys use the amp Sims and not just the FX. If alex is using FW6 what's FW10 gonna do for him.

Back
Top Bottom