Alex Lifeson Epiphone LP Axcess

I've always looked at guitars as a tool. like a wrench or a hammer. I really don't care what it looks like, just what it can do for me. I like specific tools for specific jobs.:)

I don't stare at pictures of guitars and crave them like many of my friends. Some of whom have so many guitars and barely ever play them. Just not my thing? I do still need a good Tele though.

Having said that.. This is one guitar that I really want. I don't need it at all. But really want one. Is this the beginning of my addiction?;)

I've always looked at guitars as a tool. like a wrench or a hammer. I really don't care what it looks like, just what it can do for me. I like specific tools for specific jobs.:)

I don't stare at pictures of guitars and crave them like many of my friends. Some of whom have so many guitars and barely ever play them. Just not my thing? I do still need a good Tele though.

Having said that.. This is one guitar that I really want. I don't need it at all. But really want one. Is this the beginning of my addiction?;)
I agree.

1) I am a lifelong Rush and Alex Lifeson fan
2) I don't own a guitar with a PIEZO
3) it has a Floyd Rose, to which I've come to like the last 11 years, and coil splitting, which I added to my Wolfgangs that I play regularly.
3). I'm going to sell my 1981 Silverburst Gibson Les Paul Custom that I bought brand new on my 18th birthday almost 40 years ago. I seldom play it. I could probably buy 5 or 6 of these for what that's worth, now!

This is one guitar that I really want. I don't need it at all.
IMO everything after one guitar is more or less a "want" for the majority of folks. That said, nothing wrong with wanting another and another and...

My wife and I go back and forth with this all the time. She says, "Do you really need another guitar?" and I always say, "Need? Who said anything about need? Nope. I don't need another guitar. I want another guitar!"

They've packed a lot of features on this guitar for the price point. Can anyone comment on the quality of the piezo?

3). I'm going to sell my 1981 Silverburst Gibson Les Paul Custom that I bought brand new on my 18th birthday almost 40 years ago. I seldom play it. I could probably buy 5 or 6 of these for what that's worth, now!
That's too cool! I did the same (almost) when I was 16. Same year, still have it. But it's really worn, and I don't think I could ever part with it for the sentimental reason. I can still remember gassing (before that was the term!) for it when I saw one at Chuck Levin's! It was SO gorgeous!!

That's too cool! I did the same (almost) when I was 16. Same year, still have it. But it's really worn, and I don't think I could ever part with it for the sentimental reason. I can still remember gassing (before that was the term!) for it when I saw one at Chuck Levin's! It was SO gorgeous!!

Attachments

• A70306B1-0F45-4F5F-BCA8-63CFB426CF98.jpeg
    A70306B1-0F45-4F5F-BCA8-63CFB426CF98.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 20
  • Close Up Back.jpg
    Close Up Back.jpg
    407 KB · Views: 25
  • Close Up Body.jpg
    Close Up Body.jpg
    547.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Flip Out Tuning Pegs.jpg
    Flip Out Tuning Pegs.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 25
  • Hard Case.jpg
    Hard Case.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 17
I installed a Ghost Floyd system in an ESP last year. I agree with separating the mag and piezo completely. Even tho you would think the Ghost preamp wouldn't affect the mag pickups it does. And much more fun with two outputs so you can program scenes between the two. Now if I just hadn't drilled a hole for that 3 way switch. Oh well.....

Chuck Levin's wow! Me and my buddies used to take a three Metro bus trip from Silver Spring to Wheaton just to drool over the Les Pauls at Chucks. Then we'd head over to Wheaton Plaza. Ahhh the good old days.

Shhhhhiiiiiit.......
Anyone know if this is just temporary ?
Seems like with such a huge demand, they would be stupid for doing a limited run. But - this is Gibson we're talking about here...

1630592772094.png

My Sweetwater engineer said that though Epiphone has not put a number on the guitars produced, they (Sweetwater) were expecting that Epiphone will not produce them in 2022. He also mentioned that Epiphone is having troubling sourcing the parts (not surprising) and that the guitars on order would be trickling in between now and March of 2022. Mind you this was just one engineer's opinion but I expect they have some insight.

There seemed to be a lot of QA issues on the initial ones. I've heard a couple of different things now. One is they stopped production until they could address the problems. Another is that it was a limited run. Another about parts. Hard to know what the truth is. Obviously a new batch went out, as a few people on here got them in the last few days.

I'd say that with something this popular, it wouldn't make sense to not keep making them. Epiphone does do this though. I really wanted one of the Richie Faulkner flying Vs when they came out, and couldn't get one. Super hard to find now.

Mine arrived on Tuesday and I was pleasantly surprised at the quality. The fit and finish for the most part is great. I can't comment on the setup out of the box as I had it setup before it was shipped. Really my only complaints so far are the knobs are cheap with rough edges, the bridge pickup ring does not fit the body contour and the locking nut assembly seems a tad cheap.

I installed a Ghost Floyd system in an ESP last year. I agree with separating the mag and piezo completely. Even tho you would think the Ghost preamp wouldn't affect the mag pickups it does. And much more fun with two outputs so you can program scenes between the two. Now if I just hadn't drilled a hole for that 3 way switch. Oh well.....
On all Parker equipped with the Ghost system I had to rewire to take the mags out of the preamp path. Unfortunately, the preamp added hiss and was unusable for any higher gain use.

That's interesting that several people have mentioned taking the pickups out of the preamp path. I've been running the graphtech floyd for several years and don't having any hissing or negative tonal impacts. I wonder if the older units were different, only running 1 volume and 1 tone is different than the 2 volume and 2 tone of a les paul or if it's just personal preference??? I play Rock ranging from "Hella Good" to "Enter Sandman" although 80's hair metal is my favorite.

Back
Top Bottom