Albert Collins & Chuck Berry patch requests

Paul2916

Inspired
Hi!

I just wondered if anyone has managed to create patches in the style of either Albert King or Chuck Berry? Failing that, any advice for creating tones in the style of either artist would be great.

Thanks in anticipation.
Paul

Last edited:
Just me and the echoes then..... ha ha.

Ok, doing some research on Chuck Berry seems like his sound can be replicated somewhat with a preamp turned up high (at lower volumes you can substitute the effect with a little push from a compressor), a small room reverb, delay of about 107ms with 0 feedback and bucket loads of attitude! I've chosen the Fender Brownface amp with blended cab sims from Red Wire to get a late '50's feel to the tone.

I'm still trying to find out about Albert King's tone though. Specifically his duet with Gary Moore on 'Oh Pretty Woman'.

Albert
collins_albert_1970.gif

2 Fender Quad Reverbs with 4x12s :shock

Too right. I would have replied sooner but was caught in a pincer movement by the pair of them....before I knew it an hour and a half had flown by!!

I love Albert Collins and can get a reasonablish approximation with a telecaster and the boosted shiva clean sim. Don't know about cab emulation as I go into a guitar cab not FRFR

I think the Shiva clean is based on a Super Reverb? Don't have a patch though and i don't remember the settings - low/no bass though. I played a gig with that amp and I was getting in the realm of his exciting, over-the-top treble od sound, but still with lots of snap and character on the bass strings. So much of that style is in the fingers though....

Back
Top Bottom