Airport security messed up my Axe-FX II !

You are so over the top with your comments that it really is hard to take you seriously. Nobody is happy to bend over for a rectal exam and I would bet you would be hard pressed to come up with any posters here who have had that happen to them by airport security.

For someone claiming expertise I am a little confused why you assume the searching is for only bombs, There could be chemicals that could incapacitate persons not to mention weapons. Heck, the 9/11 terrorists used box cutters. And what about the shoe bomber? Did you forget him? Again, it is sad testimony of the times we live in and unfortunately we have to lose some of our freedoms because of the idiots out there wishing us harm. I have no problems taking the few minutes to remove my shoes or being searched as a result.

And while I feel they could definitely upgrade the system, personnel, and policies regarding damaged goods I most definitely think the restrictions and security have played a preventative role. I am not worried about some zealot taking his life for the cause. I am much more concerned with him taking myself or my loved ones with him. I travel a lot and I could not imagine hoping on a plane in todays world if there was no security. And to your point. While security measures may not stop the most ardent terrorists in their one hundred year war or path to the "perfect day" it certainly does create a deterrent to the everyday nutcase like we are seeing in the recent school or theatre shootings.

The incidents of groping and other inappropriate behavior at the hands of TSA agents is well documented. I posted a link earlier.
I did not say only bombs. I merely presented an example. In fact I was at the Halabja memorial not too long ago and am well aware that there are threats besides those that go boom.
As for your willingness to sacrifice freedoms for shoe inspections, that's your choice. I clearly hold a different opinion.
I agree that any time you can present a "hard target," that posture can prevent a would-be attacker from carrying out his intentions against said hard target. The heart of my point is not against that principle, but rather that the current state of airport/flight security are beyond absurd and ineffective. And I don't mean ineffective in a "safety is an illusion" kind of way (which I agree with to a point). I mean that current policies and the agents themselves are by and large abusive towards passengers more so than they are would-be threats.

EDIT: and while I'm at it, I'd like to make one tangent: at no point did I become upset about anyone's post, directed towards me or otherwise. I was asked a question and gave my reasoning behind my earlier post based on my experiences (I admit I can get heated when talking TSA, but I don't wish any bad will on any FAS Forumites). I respect many forum members for their contributions and don't care for this to get any further out of hand. The only reason I popped in here in the first place was to offer OP a suggestion on how to get his property taken care of. I think I've made my points beyond that, whether anyone here agrees or not is no more relevant than liking apples/oranges.
To OP: sorry I derailed your thread, and if you'd like me to delete my posts I'd be happy to oblige. I just downloaded some of the new OH IRs, and I'd much rather be playing with them than going at it here :D

Last edited:
.....current policies and the agents themselves are by and large abusive towards passengers more so than they are would-be threats.

Well, I have to agree wholeheartedly with that, and yes, to single out a country, Australia was the most abusive to me, and Ireland the most ineffective. Hell, I even got a smile from a scary dude with a rifle in Bolivia with no English!

Ok this went totally off topic...
In other news, I'm glad to report that my Axe-FX II has been fixed!
I decided to have my local radio mechanic (probably the best one in the kingdom of Denmark) take a look at it and it only took a few hours and he fixed it right up.
Apparently the PSU couldn't take the rough handling and it short circuited. Thankfully none of the parts were damaged and it works perfectly now!
Still need to test it further, but so far everything looks great.

I should probably mention that I'm totally ok with airport security taking security measures to ensure a safe flight. On the other hand, I don't like it that no one takes responsibility for broken goods. I shouldn't be the one suffering the consequences.

That aside, it was a easy fix and I'm happy as ever with a lesson learned. Never lend out your gear to anyone and don't expect airports to give a shit about your stuff. They don't.

Also some props for Fractal Audio for being supportive and getting back to me whenever they could. Love you guys! :)

Back
Top Bottom