Ain't no bionic elbow no mo...

TG3K

Fractal Fanatic
A little over a year ago I had this installed in my left elbow to fix a bad break. Tuesday I had it removed, as it was giving me problems. Its job was done; the bone is healed. After the break, it took me 3 or 4 months to get my playing back up to strength, mainly due to tendon and nerve damage that affected my fretting hand. This time around, I expect the recovery to be quite a bit faster.

Before:

Plate%20and%20Screws%20800.jpg

After:

Plate%20and%20Screws%20Removed%20800.jpg

Did they let you keep the parts ? Cool :)

I had to ask for them, but it's apparently not a rare request. They cleaned and sterilized them, and handed them to me wrapped in the same type of package surgical instruments are sealed in.

If they let you keep the parts, the ultimate FU would be to screw them into or bolt them onto your guitar.

I've had suggestions ranging from a necklace (my wife said "Ewww!), to a capo, a slide or a whammy bar, lol.

At least you'll be able to get through an airport now.

Pretty sure it's titanium, so the metal detectors wouldn't see it anyway. I have more hardware than that in my back, and it's never set off the alarms. I even had some friendly guards at a courthouse try to find my back hardware (after showing them the x-ray), and even with the scanner and wands cranked up, they couldn't detect it.

Interesting. I made a suspension bridge.

You got me beat. My mom only made seat covers for the minivan with mine.

My initial thought when I read Xrocker's post was to make a "skin flint" comment, but then I thought better of it.

Back
Top Bottom