Again- what's Cliff doing now?

I'm fine but I'm staying away from social media. Someone posted a photo of me with a swastika photoshopped on my forehead. I don't need that nonsense in my life.

Glad to know that you are fine.

What a loser, whoever did that.

I mainly limit my social media life to this forum, TheGearForum, JemSite, and VGuitarForums. So far they are quite safe places. It is like real life: you try to avoid walking through certain streets, and you would never travel to certain countries because you know that it may not end up well.

Last edited:
Dumped FB, IG, Tic Toc and Twitter. Didn’t think this permeated into forums but here we are. Forums really should require use and proof of real names. Keeps people honest, IMO. It’s way too easy to hide behind a screen name.
Yes but with real names you'd get the other side of the problem : crazy people harassing you in real life... Some kind of worst

Yes but with real names you'd get the other side of the problem : crazy people harassing you in real life... Some kind of worst
I get it. For me it’s about integrity. I am pretty easy to find. I’ve said that in the past to the trolls. so far, no one has showed up. I did give once to a policeman’s gofundme and had some nut job email everyone I’ve ever even said hello to telling them how awful of a person I am giving to a cause I felt important enough to give a lousy 20 bucks to. Sure you can limit your exposure to nut jobs but by how much? Am I never going to gig? never going to do anything to cause someone else to hate me for it (like breathe, sleep, eat and virtually anything else a person can be hated for these days)? I feel like the world IS getting progressively worse at an exponential rate. Monikers are cool for those who feel the need to blurt out every single thought or affiliation they have in the world. Me, you’ll get my thoughts on forum relevant topics and what’s allowed by the forums TOS. Even IF controversial topics were allowed here, those views to me are PERSONAL. My family and close friends get those, no one else.

Back to your quote, I’m in music journalism as well as public performance on a local level. If I ever wanted to share something I wrote or a show’s clip, it isn't too hard to find out who I am anyway. Google will give you plenty, one way or the other. Either way, it’s all good. I respect everyone until it gets stupid, then I try my best to take the high road. I’ve certainly had my not so shining internet moments, too. Don’t we all? As I get older, I seem to understand less and less about why people communicate how they do. In my opinion, a forum should be a very large round table of guys and gals sitting across from one another. Talk to one another like you still have a few teeth to lose, you know?

I dunno. back on topic of what is Cliff thinking. Given his last post, probably somewhere the same of what I think on a daily basis.

I'm fine but I'm staying away from social media. Someone posted a photo of me with a swastika photoshopped on my forehead. I don't need that nonsense in my life.

At least if you're making enemies that stupid and uncreative, you can be sure you're probably doing something right.

Dumped FB, IG, Tic Toc and Twitter. Didn’t think this permeated into forums but here we are. Forums really should require use and proof of real names. Keeps people honest, IMO. It’s way too easy to hide behind a screen name.
You say that but various online communities have tried that in the past and it didn't get better, it actually got worse. Studies show people using their real names often behave even worse. And that's ignoring the part where people could use real names to better track their victums of harassment.

You say that but various online communities have tried that in the past and it didn't get better, it actually got worse. Studies show people using their real names often behave even worse. And that's ignoring the part where people could use real names to better track their victums of harassment.
Which studies?

All I can control is my own behavior. I feel if a forum user either has a real name or profile information that easily tracks back to an actual person (which may as well be the same thing), I take their input and conversations more serious than that of some clever user name that leads to the wind. Thats me. YMMV. Everyone on the internet has an opinion. Not every opinion should be given equal weight. I like to know who I’m talking to and what those people have done in the world.

Some people are Steven Hawking. Others never even took physics. Whose opinion should get more weight on a physics question or problem?

Some people tour the world with FAS products. Others are just windbags that dont even own a FAS product. Whose opinion should carry more weight on a FAS question?

How would you know if you dont know who you’re talking to?

Which studies?

All I can control is my own behavior. I feel if a forum user either has a real name or profile information that easily tracks back to an actual person (which may as well be the same thing), I take their input and conversations more serious than that of some clever user name that leads to the wind. Thats me. YMMV. Everyone on the internet has an opinion. Not every opinion should be given equal weight. I like to know who I’m talking to and what those people have done in the world.

Some people are Steven Hawking. Others never even took physics. Whose opinion should get more weight on a physics question or problem?

Some people tour the world with FAS products. Others are just windbags that dont even own a FAS product. Whose opinion should carry more weight on a FAS question?

How would you know if you dont know who you’re talking to?
I wasn't referring to how much weight you should give them, I was referring to how likely someone is to post a photoshop of Cliff as a Nazi. It turns out real names do not deter those sort of people and sometimes further embolden them.

Crikey! I haven't been on for a good few days and I come back to this.

I'm very sorry that happened and it's completely out of order. I'd like to know what the idiot who posted that has invented in terms of digital devices.

It's just pure vile jealousy.
The whole Fractal story started when you traded that Mesa in for a digital device all those aeons ago, you weren't impressed with it, and had the cojones to think, 'I can do better.'
It wasn't arrogance because you DID do better.
Not only that, you have given lots of people around the world their dream rig and countless hours of fun and enjoyment, whilst not morphing into yet another cynical, lazy and greedy corporation.
To make a living is one thing, but to bring such happiness to so many at the same time is rare.

On behalf of everyone, thank you, Cliff.

Back
Top Bottom