AFX2 -> Matrix -> ??? (newbie question)

Rotti

Fractal Fanatic
Hi everyone,

I recently picked up a FAS Axe FX 2 and a Matrix GT1000FX, and I've got a couple questions to anyone who might be running these two already...

I'm looking at the EV ELX112 (passive) to basically act as a cab in an FRFR setup. Eventually I might like to expand to two of them to run stereo, but that's not my plan right off the bat.

My question is, does the Matrix gain pots attenuate the incoming or outgoing signal? Or, is it "safe" to run the Matrix into this particular monitor?

I've read a few other threads here where others are definitely using this monitor, but I'm not sure of their entire setup... I just don't want to blow out my speaker and possibly damage the other stuff as soon as I try it out.

Thanks!

You should be fine just using one channel of the Matrix to power the speaker. The EV is rated at 8 ohms and 250w continuous and the GT1000 will give you 325w maximum into that rating. Avoid bridged mode. Set the Axe outputs at maybe 10 o clock and then turn the Matrix up until the desired volume is reached. If you max the Matrix and it's still not loud enough then turn up the Axe's output. The flashing output lights on the GT will give you an idea of how much power you are sending out. If they don't light up and it's loud enough don't worry. Some more useful info here Technical & Product Guides - FAQ

Hope that helps!

Back
Top Bottom