After One Day of programming with my AFX ll....

Radley said:
I am very surprised there are not more posts like mine on this board - Regardless, I stand by my first impressions: The AFX ll is *stellar* in both audio and digital quality, and is the new standard by which all amps will be measured....

Couldn't agree more, see my post after a 7 hour marathon session with firmware 5 last night! :)

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone for the friendly 'welcome back' (although I never really left). The AFX ll is just what I needed to rev up my musical jets! :) Cliff really has taken this platform to a new level.... Wowzer!!!

Glad to see you posting again Hadley. Always found your tips were very helpful. Gonna load V5 soon as I get home.

Vic

Many years back I said I believed modeling would not only equal, but improve upon the sonics of guitar amps and give us *even more* of what we love about these analog systems - I believe the AFX ll is now upon that threshold, and it's still hard to believe... But I DO!!!

Hi Hadley it's good to see you've come up for air!! I liked your insights and perspective on all things Axe and am glad your back.

Yes, after playing on v5 for a couple of days I do believe we're at that threshold too; the magical 'something' that's always been missing in modelers to make them a true replacement for a tube amp is there now.

I'm running an FRFR system and cannot believe how much it feels like a real amp/cab...that last little 'thing' is finally there for me now.

Back
Top Bottom