After One Day of programming with my AFX ll....

Radley

Experienced
And I am *stoked*! Just the new parameters (EQ, resonance & advanced) in the Amp block are more than enough to justify the price of admission, and there are many other improvements of major significance! Did I mention I'm stoked???

Congratulations to Cliff and the Fractal Team for such a major leap forward - so proud to be on the 'AFX roster' of joyful users!

~Hadley~

Hey Radley, it's great hearing from you again!

It really is a new world with the II and it just got newer today. V5 is just a hoot to play.
My studio monitors don't sound like a good recording of a guitar anymore. I can almost close my eyes and point right to the amp.

I'm really looking forward to any tip and insights you might share on your new journey. Your eq and compression tips were invaluable to me when I had the Ultra. Can't wait to hear what you can do with the II!

Update: I have just loaded Cliff's AFX ll 5.0 software and finished my first 'test drive' - these are my conclusions:

This is the first modeling platform that can take an amp from totally clean to the point of totally 'blowing up' (in the best of ways), and with *much* more control than previously possible with either tubes or digital! IMHO this is a huge advance for digital modeling as well as amped tone in general. Many years back I said I believed modeling would not only equal, but improve upon the sonics of guitar amps and give us *even more* of what we love about these analog systems - I believe the AFX ll is now upon that threshold, and it's still hard to believe... But I DO!!!

Last edited:
Thanks guys - with AFX ll and v5.0, I'm back with a vengeance! I haven't been this excited about tone in a very long time!!!

Reactions: npx
I am very surprised there are not more posts like mine on this board - Regardless, I stand by my first impressions: The AFX ll is *stellar* in both audio and digital quality, and is the new standard by which all amps will be measured....

I just played with V5 for few hours. I don't miss anything anymore. It's all there. I was barely tweaking. I played most of the time and enjoyed the rich tone. This is it.

Got My AFX2 a week ago yesterday. This morning I updated to FW5, but that was before I left for work where I have been for an hour. I WANT TO GO HOME ALREADY !!!

"The Return of Radley" is the icing on the v5 cake!!
You were greatly missed! Was getting ready to track you down...! ;)
Welcome Back :)

Got My AFX2 a week ago yesterday. This morning I updated to FW5, but that was before I left for work where I have been for an hour. I WANT TO GO HOME ALREADY !!!

i did the same :0)........ lunch break in half an hour, will drive home for a quick test drive.

Radley! Awesome to see you here again. Your tips and tricks are some of the reasons my Standard always sounds so darn good.

Back
Top Bottom