AFter market 'cheaper' Floyd Rose Licensed thoughts

symphx

Fractal Fanatic
Hi all,

Im looking to replace a floyd rose special (black) which is actually perfectly functioning, but I want a gold one. Im not a pro, this works absolutely fine so, I dont need super high end, but would like opinions on these 2 choices, and frankly any opinions on dealing with this particular store. Other suggestions are great. Im sure the 24$ ebay ones from china are relatively shitty.

The store is GUITARFETISH: This FIRST one is supposedly super heavy duty etc, my main fear on this is the 'universal fit' It should work see the straight side but I am a bit afraid of that slipping around?

NEW!! GOLD Heavy Duty Floyd Rose trem- BRASS & STEEL!

This other one is intriguing 'no clip no lock' floyd, I guess the locking nut or locking tuners or both due the locking, thoughts? Gold Floyd Rose "Fastloader" Locking tremolo system

the other thought is this one, cheaper, any thoughts about "Rockaudio"? Im not totally sure this isnt the same as the cheapo ebay ones though they claim a real steel plate
http://www.rockaudio.com/Gold-Floyd-Rose-Double-Locking-Edge-Style-Guitar-Tremolo-System_p_821.html

the floyd special aint much but it is better then any of those. that easy loader is like the really cheese Floyd copy from mid late 80's that was on many low end guitars, that the strings just feed through the back, you would be ok if you only use slight vibrato or the strings will slip on the saddle and not stay in tune. the other 2 look like what comes from ebay and they probably look better in the picture then the bridge you get if you order. if you just want the color well I guess any would be ok but EVH would not be happy!

I think they are legit but I bet it is china! Have you personally seen any of those china copies? the edges are usually more rounded then Floyd which doesn't matter but the metal is soft and does not hold up well to a lot of hard use! not that they don't work! just be care full! I myself would order a real Floyd or a "real" licensed version (Goth, Schaller, etc) last Floyd I bought new wasn't really that expensive.

2 things....

1- whatever sizes or dimentinos the show are probably wrong and it will require some work/modification to fit/work.

2- Some places use korean ones and they're much better than the china stuff...

azguitarparts.com is Jeff a friend of mine- I've bought tons of parts from- he deals with Korea alot- idk if his come from china but- I've had good experience with the stuff from him-

in general be weiry of the gold stuff too because you get what you pay for on gold hardware of any kind in my opinion even knobs.

One of the biggest frustrations for guitar techs is aftermarket parts that are supposed to fit but don't. There can be routing, shimming, and other work that needs to be done to make it fit. Unless you're comfortable doing this kind of work, it would be worthwhile to have the part at least evaluated alongside your guitar by a good tech.

Back
Top Bottom