after importing preset AX8 loses all sound

PRS Guy

Inspired
I am seeing a weird problem...this is the first it has happened (I have imported several presets, multiple times)...I loaded the preset: "Tucana Lead 3" from the presets http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fremen-ax8-presets-teaser.112759/ by @fremen into a blank preset bank. I clicked through scenes 1 and 2 of the preset and all was fine. I decided to reload the same preset to the same location and all sound stopped. I went to some other patches I had constructed weeks ago and they had no sound as well. I needed to reboot to get things back to providing sound.

A couple things, I did not at any point save the imported preset, I was simply trying it out. Also the only change I did make at one point was to change the wah modifier auto-engage parameter. This also happened without me making a change. Any insight is appreciated...

Running latest firmware.

-Rick

Last edited:
If a preset has been built on a new version of firmware it won't be compatible and the load will be discarded.

It appeared to load and work correctly the first load...meaning the sound was present and I could change blocks via scenes etc. The hiccup was after reloading the same preset to the same bank / preset location all went quiet.

I imported via AX8 edit to a blank bank and preset location initially and when reloading the same patch

I noticed an odd issue with the Fremen presets with AX8-Edit. I had no sound either when importing. I double clicked on the volume block and it came back. Nothing changed, but it was like there was a break in the signal chain. Double check that....

It appeared to load and work correctly the first load...meaning the sound was present and I could change blocks via scenes etc. The hiccup was after reloading the same preset to the same bank / preset location all went quiet.

I imported via AX8 edit to a blank bank and preset location initially and when reloading the same patch
How exactly did you "reload" the same patch? Drag and drop? Import menu option?

I've noticed that some blocks in some presets (the Fremen presets if I remember correctly) are set to "mute" when they are turned off, rather than "thru".

Back
Top Bottom