After all that I'm still just using the front panel

henryrobinett

Fractal Fanatic
After all that I'm still just using the front panel. I'm digging fx 11. I'm having to adjust my input levels all over again and the delay amounts. Reducing bass a little too. That was still from before I believe. Just quick. No real surgery for now. I've had three gigs since the update. I'm adjusting as I go . . .

One would THINK that what you posted would be a GOOD thing!

That means you don't have to use axe edit for any major adjustments.

If it was me, I would be glad if that was all I had to do to get the sound I wanted.

If it weren't true that the front panel is awesome, the Axe-Fx II might as well be a black box with no knobs. :)

That said, I am about 10x faster with the mouse and KB. Plus, I can use Axe-Edit with GoToMeeting to help people anywhere in the world.

Yes it is a good thing. And I guess I'm faster with a mouse and keyboard too. I'm not yet thinking about AE yet though. When I want to make a quick adjustment I just go to the front panel. Only later do I go, "Oh wait! AE 3.0!!"

After squinting at early 90's Digitech and Rocktron rack units for years, I have no problems using the Axe-FX II front panel :lol

Of course, you will never hear me complain about Axe-Edit being back! ;)

For the first time ever I connected up Axe Edit while I playing. Previously I only used it on off line mode. When it came to adjusting a patch for v11, and after so many months without an editor, I found it faster to use the front panel. However Axe Edit is much more useful for examining other peoples patches because I can see more information at the same time.

I'm enjoying the best of both worlds right now. Set 'er up and do some major tweakin' with AE3, then jump into the "real" world and play cleanup with the front panel.

Thanks again for such an amazing piece of 'ware, M@ & co!

I'm just too lazy to lug my laptop around to use Axe-Edit. I've been using a long speaker cable, so I can have my rack a few feet away from my speaker cab, so I can get a better perspective of my tone. I hate adjusting my tone w/ my rack on top of my cab bc then I get feedback and I have to keep adjusting a knob and then taking a few steps back and hope I don't trip over one of my cats or dogs. I may have to invest in a long USB cable, so I can use Axe-Edit but I think I'll still need to use the front panel to compare my tone at different volume levels.

Back
Top Bottom