After 10 years, I'm done...

Well, you've got me there. I guess I was thinking of what I think is typically done in the studio, you mic the cab, then apply delay and/or reverb. I know one reason delay and reverb are typically? post-amp, so as to avoid adding distortion to delays and reverb and cluttering the sound, but I guess there's no reason it can't be done post-amp and pre-cab. Thanks.
The main consideration is making sure the cab is Stereo if using stereo effects before it and desiring a stereo output. *thumbsup*

I also have many "real" tube amps, mostly Marshall's (10 to be exact), and struggled for a couple of years with finding a FRFR solution that could match my amps "in the room". Even after I purchased 2 active CLR's, it just wasn't giving me what I wanted. Now, 2 years later, I'm using one active CLR (2 if I want to get crazy) that gives me a tone that is as good my favorite 4x12, but with much better dispersion. No, it's not "exactly" the same, but that's mostly due to the added dispersion from the CLR (which is a good thing). The other guitarist in our group uses an EVH 5150 III thru an Orange cab, and I not only hold my own, I have the better sound (according to others).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom