advanced power amp sim.

RDeraz

Experienced
i was using the adv. amp sim. functions and noticed that the tube bias on all the models is defaulted to 350v.anyone have an accurate list of the bias values for the amps?i find adjusting this makes a difference in the power amp sims.from what i've gathered off the internet so far is older Fenders are in the 450v-475v.marshall plexi is in the 460v range,jcm800 and 900's are in the 360v to 375v range.Hiwatts in the 460v -500v range.i'm not 100% on these,just checking to see if anyone here knows otherwise.

i realise you can make the value anything you want,but i'm just trying to get the sims to sound accurate to the originals.

damn.thought i was on to something.thanks for clearing that up.i was about to waste time looking up all the values.

RDeraz said:
i was using the adv. amp sim. functions and noticed that the tube bias on all the models is defaulted to 350v.anyone have an accurate list of the bias values for the amps?i find adjusting this makes a difference in the power amp sims.from what i've gathered off the internet so far is older Fenders are in the 450v-475v.marshall plexi is in the 460v range,jcm800 and 900's are in the 360v to 375v range.Hiwatts in the 460v -500v range.i'm not 100% on these,just checking to see if anyone here knows otherwise.

i realise you can make the value anything you want,but i'm just trying to get the sims to sound accurate to the originals.

Well actually the default is 35V ( in real thing -35V). This is lets say pretty close to the average biasing voltage.

Marillion said:
Well actually the default is 35V ( in real thing -35V)

Current, current: non voltage!!!! :lol:

Bias is just a pure number: a parameter, ranging from 0 to 10. Set higher to bias hotter.

35ma... but dissipation changes with plate voltage so setting the bias of an EL34, 6L6 depends of the plate voltage too.
The plate voltage of the amp must be the common plate voltage found for this model.
And yes i was thinking it was just a number.

Smilzo said:
Marillion said:
Well actually the default is 35V ( in real thing -35V)

Current, current: non voltage!!!! :lol:

Bias is just a pure number: a parameter, ranging from 0 to 10. Set higher to bias hotter.

Surely it is a number since we r talkig about sim BUT the starting point 0.35 ( default value ) i think has to do with the real thing that means normal bias ( not so hot-not so cold).

i just came back on to say i must need bifocals.missed the decimal on the parameter.should have known better.

guess i'll have to redo my list with current values.

damn my eyes! :p

RDeraz said:
i just came back on to say i must need bifocals.missed the decimal on the parameter.should have known better.

guess i'll have to redo my list with current values.

damn my eyes! :p
:) :) :) :) :)

Back
Top Bottom