Ads in ebay Auctions

Phostenix

Power User
Getting almost 15% of my auction revenue wasn't enough, so now ebay is inserting ads into people's auctions. Gotta love that. I sure hope they start showing competing auctions, too. That would be swell.

I guess you don't *have* to use ebay..?
unsure.gif

If the whole world did that (unlikely I know!), they'd need to have a serious re-think :)

It looks like it's time for a serious competitor. I'm willing to pay for access to their large marketplace, but it's getting a little ridiculous.

They certainly like their pound of flesh. Ever increasing fees and poor customer service especially for sellers. I so wish there was a decent alternative.

I use noscript and adblockplus for firefox.
After you get used to noscript its a breeze and I never see ad's.
I know that isn't the point of your post, but its how I deal with internet BS.

I'm pretty much done with ebay. It was ok when it first started.

Regarding ads, I have the AdBlock plugin for Google Chrome and it works well.

I sold some Skrydstrup pieces via eBay a long time ago and I hated the monies that got taken out from eBay and PayPal. I don't sell much but when I have had things to sell I just try to target the audience and sell more directly. Like the Atomics I had I listed here. The Switchblade GL I listed here (not the best place) and Hugeracks where I got a buyer. Still through PayPal but at least I cut out eBay.

I use noscript and adblockplus for firefox.
After you get used to noscript its a breeze and I never see ad's.
I know that isn't the point of your post, but its how I deal with internet BS.

Me too. Once I turned it off and was amazed at how much junk was showing up.

Danny W.

Not to pump my own site, but people that sell gear sell it on The Gear Page. Even people who don't like TGP use it as an alternative to EBay to sell their gear.

Not to pump my own site, but people that sell gear sell it on The Gear Page. Even people who don't like TGP use it as an alternative to EBay to sell their gear.

Yes, TGP only charge 110% of your takings as fees, AND you have to let all the mods play with your gear for a week... :D

Just kidding - all you have to do is sign up as a supporting member - as little as $12 per year I think, and you can sell on the Emporiums there. I have had nothing but great experiences buying and selling on there. You just cannot beat the quality of the gear too. Prices are better (more realistic) that eBay...

Back
Top Bottom