Adrenaline III Preset / John Mayer Heartbreak Warfare

cjallarie

I been trying to make a preset for John Mayer Heartbreak warfare. The one I made isn't horrible but its just not there. I know he uses a Adrenalinn III for this delay effect. Would anyone want to take on the task of making a delay preset I could buy?
I'm using a dual delay with one set 1/8 and the other 1/8 Dot at 100bmp. There's a filter type or tape degrade type of sound in there as well and I'm extra terrible with filters.
Anyways if someone is up to it I'd pay. Just need the delay/Filter effect. Note - the flutter on the repeats is from flicking the whammy bar which I can cover hahaha.

Look for Jon Kaneshiro's videos on YT. He's got an Adrenaline preset you can use for free. Just search for his name and check his channel...

When I tried linking his channel to this site, I got several write the following characters to prove I'm a human prompts...

Last edited:
Thanks. I’ll have a look again.
Yeah, The older video uses a different Q sweep and modifiers than the more recent video. A slightly different flavor, I'd say. The more recent one has fewer things going on in it and is easier to dial in. Older video works, but doesn't have as much "bloom," as Jon describes it.

I been trying to make a preset for John Mayer Heartbreak warfare. The one I made isn't horrible but its just not there. I know he uses a Adrenalinn III for this delay effect. Would anyone want to take on the task of making a delay preset I could buy?
I'm using a dual delay with one set 1/8 and the other 1/8 Dot at 100bmp. There's a filter type or tape degrade type of sound in there as well and I'm extra terrible with filters.
Anyways if someone is up to it I'd pay. Just need the delay/Filter effect. Note - the flutter on the repeats is from flicking the whammy bar which I can cover hahaha.
Always liked that album and the sound of Heartbreak Warfare. You're right about JK's videos on it... to me it sounds nothing like it.

I was listening again and thinking you might be served better by trying to go in a U2 Edge direction with those delays and modifying it.
Think about Bad ( Unforgettable Fire album ). That to me is more of a genesis of Mayer's approach on his tune. Whereas Edge keeps his repeats pristine, you could adjust the tempo from 105 to 96, warble/mod/etc the repeats (thinking MemoryMan or a 2290 with mod?) and that would get you close to Heartbreak. I think Edosounds has some great U2 presets if you're looking for something to buy and mold.

Now you got me wanting to cover the song too. LOL.

Guys I’ve been searching crazily for…

I don’t know if this is the recent video () or the old one.

But honest it’s far from the original.

What a headache to find the right preset.

Waiting for news.

Guys I’ve been searching crazily for…

I don’t know if this is the recent video () or the old one.

But honest it’s far from the original.

What a headache to find the right preset.

Waiting for news.

yeah I thought the same, not close enough for me. I might break out the FM9 tonight and dump the preset I made for it. May be just as far off as JK, or somewhere else LOL. I'll have to try it again.

Last edited:
Waiting for news, bro. Here you have a study about:

@wzorzi here's the one I made.
I didn't have the info from your screenshot so I just wanted to hear the delays I thought I heard and wanted it more clean.
I'm terrible at slapping that whammy like Mayer does, so I'm happy not having that warble.
I run my rig in mono fyi.

Attachments

• Heartbreak Warfare.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 26
Try setting the delay’s modulation LFO to a square wave and frequency of 1/8th note I think. I’ll try share my preset tomorrow night that sounds close

Back
Top Bottom