Adobe Sucks

Corporations got no morals, and simply act in whatever way generates the most revenue - hence the need for regulations. If there were no regulations, corporations would not behave in any sort of conscientious way, and expensive corners will be cut, in favor of more expedient and cost-effective methods, with no thought or care to the consequences for people anywhere in the process or surrounding area. Corporations are like malignant narcissists....

For sure. And the American governments alliance with corporations can include the willingness
to call in troops (or organized "militias" and "mercenaries") on their behalf.... ala Carnegie against
organized steel mill workers, and Rockefeller to send a message to coal miners.

Last edited:
For sure. And the American governments alliance with corporations can include the willingness
to call in troops (or organized "militias" and "mercenaries") on their behalf.... ala Carnegie against
organized steel mill workers, and Rockefeller and coal miners.
it'll be ok - have a nightcap - things will look much brighter in the morning

Yep been there, I had a throw away paper route in the early 70's here in the bay area that I got fired from, (badge of honor) the inserts were f-n brutal... Now days those inserts come in first class us mail...

I started at 11. Was happy as hell to have it. Dad left the family the year
before and an housewife with 3 kids had to make ends meet. I did what I
could. Made me feel good---even if I hated it some days due to weather
and weight.

Destroyed many a bicycle and canvas paper route bag doing it. Hell, I had multiple
routes for as long as I could through my teens. A daily paper, a Sunday only route, and
the Monday circular that EVERY house received.

and weight.

Destroyed many a bicycle and canvas paper route bag doing it. Hell, I had multiple
routes for as long as I could through my teens. A daily paper, a Sunday only route, and
I delivered the Asbury Park Press as my first job as a teen.

and weight.

Always envy'd friends that had routes inside large apartment buildings - that was a dream route - last one I had was on a well-to-do street with huge houses - took me forever to do it - and a lot
of them would pay a full year in advance so I wouldn't even get the tip at collection time.

Always envy'd friends that had routes inside large apartment buildings - that was a dream route - last one I had was on a well-to-do street with huge houses - took me forever to do it - and a lot
of them would pay a full year in advance so I wouldn't even get the tip at collection time.
My last route was in a senior trailer park. 80 customers in a half mile. I made BANK at the holidays....

Wow! I had to ride a mile into town (as we technically lived outside the city limits) just to get
to my first house. It was before school. Distributor would drop off the papers on our porch and
I would have to load them into the shoulder bag and mount my trusty steed and pedal my ass
off. I still recall the one loose dog that scared the fuck out of me everyday. I would wind my
bike up and go as fast as I could to get past that house.

What did they say back then, "It'll build character?" :)

If memory serves me correctly you had to collect from the subscriber back then, and
then pay back the distributor for the week of papers you delivered. I know I got stiffed
by a few customers who wouldn't be home to collect from, or wouldn't answer the door,
or even gave some poor kid a sob story. You still had to find a way to give the distributor
his or her money, even if it meant you didn't get your cut that week.

Wow! I had to ride a mile into town (as we technically lived outside the city limits) just to get
to my first house. It was before school. Distributor would drop off the papers on our porch and
I would have to load them into the shoulder bag and mount my trusty steed and pedal my ass
off. I still recall the one loose dog that scared the fuck out of me everyday. I would wind my
bike up and go as fast as I could to get past that house.

What did they say back then, "It'll build character?" :)
it did build character indeed - was great for kids to learn about having a job etc - too bad for
kids today - no more paper routes

For sure! And when you tell them what you did when you were a kid they look at you
like either your life sucked, or you are currently crazy.... or worst of all.... both. :)

I just spent an hour with "Ganesh" trying to fix Acrobat not opening. There is a link in there support area to a file that fixes the EXACT problem I am having but the link is broken.

Went something like this:
A: Welcome to Adobe automated support. What is your issue?

Me: I need the acrofix.zip file but the link is broken.

A: Can you be more specific? Is your problem related to registering your software?

Me: I need the acrofix.zip file. The link is broken. I can't imagine being any more specific than that.

A: Please wait while we transfer you to a representative.

Jeopardy music.......

A: Hi, this is Consuela. How can I help you?

A: I'm sorry I don't understand.

Me: I need the acrofix.zip file referenced in this page (provides html address) but the link is broken.

A: Can you be more specific? Is this a registration issue?

Me: (Argggggghhhhhhh). I need a file. There is a link to said file but the link is broken.

A: Let me transfer you to tech support.

More Jeopardy music........

A: Hi, this is Ganesh, what is being the nature of your problem?

A: Can you be more specific?

Me: I need the acrofix.zip file referenced in this page (provides html address) but the link is broken.

A: What is you account information?

Me: Provides info.

A: I do not see an active subscription.

Me: I don't have a "subscription". I have physical media that I bought that does not work. The file I need will make it work.

A: What is the serial number?

Me: What do you need that. I'm not looking for a cure for world hunger. I just need the file but the link is broken.

A: I cannot assist without a serial number.

Me: Ugh, where do I find that?

A: It would be provided with your subscription.

Me: Once again, I do not have a "subscription". I have physical media.

A: What is the version:

Me: Acrobat 10.1.16.

A: I can't help you with that.

Me: What? Just give me the friggin' file. There's a link. The file must be somewhere.

A: I will be referring you to online support. You can post your question there.

Me: Just give me the damned file for chrissakes.

Back and forth for 15 minutes.

Me: Go f*ck yourself.
Yep Ganesh , John whoever you come across, Support for all tech companies usually has been bad , Considering all these techcompanies(adobe, google, microsoft, etc) are now being headed by Indian CEO's ( PIO's , Immigrants) . Its pretty bad rep to see an inefficient customer service rep .

Direct Xbox /Microsoft Support via official email id's, has been absolutely garbage too for me on the xbox/microsoft store regarding refunds.
I wanted refund for Forza Horizon 5 being unusable due to not being able to download it due to some stupid unfixable error.Since it was a pre order i wanted to play it before release and as my tickets weret responded to appropriately, i ordered the same game on steam, to use it.

And applied for refund on Microsoft store a couple of hours after.

Like absolute dumbfucks they reject it stating game has been used and refuse refund.

I send n no of mails with attached proof of what i did use was steam and that microsoft/xbox store purchase being unusable, due to error and and also attach n no of screenshots proving the same .

But no avail, after 2 weeks of following up they again tell me the same thing that game has been used so there will be no refund. They donot even bother to read or look at the evidence i sent to them. I reiterate my points ad explain the same but they stop responding completely then.

Absolutely Shitty support every where. Other than fractal ofcourse. Spoke to Kevin from fractal once regarding display issues and he went out of the way to shoot videos to help me.

Last edited:
If memory serves me correctly you had to collect from the subscriber back then, and
then pay back the distributor for the week of papers you delivered. I know I got stiffed
by a few customers who wouldn't be home to collect from, or wouldn't answer the door,
or even gave some poor kid a sob story. You still had to find a way to give the distributor
his or her money, even if it meant you didn't get your cut that week.
yup - brings back memories - best tipping customer I ever had was a stereotypical motorcycle gang - 1973 - laneway full of choppers - dudes with patches and the whole deal - engines apart in the living room - awesome girlfriends. The amount then was $1.70 - most customers would give me $2.00 and the change - those guys would give me $3.00 and the change. My parents got worried one day cuz I was sitting in their back yard having chips and pepsi.

And when you tell them what you did when you were a kid they look at you
like either your life sucked, or you are currently crazy.... or worst of all.... both. :)
ya! - tell me about it - lol!

I completely forgot until just now that I also had a similar thing when I was resetting my last PC and wanted to deauthorize Sibelius, the notation software. I used Finale for many years, and loved it, because I could exactly replicate the Cherry Lane style of guitar notation, but I had a friend who has an incredible ear and transcribed popular music for a living, and he really sold me on switching to Sibelius. I did think there were some benefits, especially for weird stuff, like writing out figured bass for theory study, but now I wish I had just stuck with Finale. I had a ton of my own writing that I had transcribed over the years using Sibelius.

Anyway, this was years ago, so I'm trying to remember exactly, but I was getting some sort of error in removing the authorization; it was getting stuck somehow. I realized that Avid, who makes Sibelius, had switched to a subscription model, and they were no longer supporting the version I owned outright (version 7 if I remember correctly). I couldn't find any straightforward way to contact their support at all, just to be able to handle the authorization for a copy I already owned. I tried all sorts of sideways methods to contact them, and I finally found a way after a lot of effort. I couldn't wait until the end of time for a response, so I just reset my PC as I wanted, not having touched the Sibelius authorization. A month later, I got a lackluster email from someone with their tech support. Man, was I livid. It's like they were trying to repel me as a customer; incredible.

It's funny that for all these companies who act this way, there are tons of others that don't. The options for notation software are all over the place, especially for guitarists. Hell, even Reaper has its own notation software built-in now. Do they really think they're so far ahead that customer loyalty is something they can leverage as if it were gang "protection" money? Pay us so you will be protected from being locked out entirely. Man, the nerve of people. I don't expect free upgrades forever, and free this and free that, and free support for every little issue forever, but I do expect authorization to be supported so I can at least continue to use what I own!

I completely forgot until just now that I also had a similar thing when I was resetting my last PC and wanted to deauthorize Sibelius, the notation software. I used Finale for many years, and loved it, because I could exactly replicate the Cherry Lane style of guitar notation, but I had a friend who has an incredible ear and transcribed popular music for a living, and he really sold me on switching to Sibelius. I did think there were some benefits, especially for weird stuff, like writing out figured bass for theory study, but now I wish I had just stuck with Finale. I had a ton of my own writing that I had transcribed over the years using Sibelius.

Anyway, this was years ago, so I'm trying to remember exactly, but I was getting some sort of error in removing the authorization; it was getting stuck somehow. I realized that Avid, who makes Sibelius, had switched to a subscription model, and they were no longer supporting the version I owned outright (version 7 if I remember correctly). I couldn't find any straightforward way to contact their support at all, just to be able to handle the authorization for a copy I already owned. I tried all sorts of sideways methods to contact them, and I finally found a way after a lot of effort. I couldn't wait until the end of time for a response, so I just reset my PC as I wanted, not having touched the Sibelius authorization. A month later, I got a lackluster email from someone with their tech support. Man, was I livid. It's like they were trying to repel me as a customer; incredible.

It's funny that for all these companies who act this way, there are tons of others that don't. The options for notation software are all over the place, especially for guitarists. Hell, even Reaper has its own notation software built-in now. Do they really think they're so far ahead that customer loyalty is something they can leverage as if it were gang "protection" money? Pay us so you will be protected from being locked out entirely. Man, the nerve of people. I don't expect free upgrades forever, and free this and free that, and free support for every little issue forever, but I do expect authorization to be supported so I can at least continue to use what I own!
They are acting like they have the market sewn up. "Where else are you gonna go?"

This, not competition, is what tends to happen when there are only a handful of companies in a market, as it is more profitable for them to all collude to provide bad sevice/product and control the rate of improvements arriving to maximize profit than it is for them to improve their shit and compete. Tucker found out in the late '40s. Same crap happens all the time. Look at the cellular market or the ISP market or any number of computer-related items (thumb drives are a great example), and it still goes on....

I just spent an hour with "Ganesh" trying to fix Acrobat not opening. There is a link in there support area to a file that fixes the EXACT problem I am having but the link is broken.

Went something like this:
A: Welcome to Adobe automated support. What is your issue?

A: Can you be more specific? Is your problem related to registering your software?

Me: I need the acrofix.zip file. The link is broken. I can't imagine being any more specific than that.

A: Please wait while we transfer you to a representative.

Jeopardy music.......

A: Hi, this is Consuela. How can I help you?

A: I'm sorry I don't understand.

A: Can you be more specific? Is this a registration issue?

Me: (Argggggghhhhhhh). I need a file. There is a link to said file but the link is broken.

A: Let me transfer you to tech support.

More Jeopardy music........

A: Hi, this is Ganesh, what is being the nature of your problem?

A: Can you be more specific?

A: What is you account information?

Me: Provides info.

A: I do not see an active subscription.

Me: I don't have a "subscription". I have physical media that I bought that does not work. The file I need will make it work.

A: What is the serial number?

Me: What do you need that. I'm not looking for a cure for world hunger. I just need the file but the link is broken.

A: I cannot assist without a serial number.

Me: Ugh, where do I find that?

A: It would be provided with your subscription.

Me: Once again, I do not have a "subscription". I have physical media.

A: What is the version:

Me: Acrobat 10.1.16.

A: I can't help you with that.

Me: What? Just give me the friggin' file. There's a link. The file must be somewhere.

A: I will be referring you to online support. You can post your question there.

Me: Just give me the damned file for chrissakes.

Back and forth for 15 minutes.

Me: Go f*ck yourself.
Hi there, I was searching the web since I needed to fix an Adobe Acrobat X Pro issue and encountered the same issue. Not sure if you still need it but I managed to salvage the Acrofix.zip file from when I had to use it 5 other times. It has definitely been frustrating to deal with. I joined this forum just so that I could share this file with anyone that needs it. Hope it helps!

Attachments

• Acrofix - Copy.zip
    494.8 KB · Views: 6
Hi there, I was searching the web since I needed to fix an Adobe Acrobat X Pro issue and encountered the same issue. Not sure if you still need it but I managed to salvage the Acrofix.zip file from when I had to use it 5 other times. It has definitely been frustrating to deal with. I joined this forum just so that I could share this file with anyone that needs it. Hope it helps!
Hate to be a nervous Nellie, but this is from a brand new user. USE CAUTION, as you would with any file from an unknown source on the net.

Hate to be a nervous Nellie, but this is from a brand new user. USE CAUTION, as you would with any file from an unknown source on the net.
I absolutely agree with you. I usually never post on forums and nowadays with scams and bots and terrible things on the internet I would also advise caution. I guess I just felt frustrated enough with Adobe and managed to find the file that people seem to be looking for...so I felt that it would help to share. Once again I agree with you and believe that each person should decide if it is worth the risk. I do hope it does help some people though and that you all stay safe.

Back
Top Bottom