ADA MP II Into Axe-Fx?

Because then you can't bypass it via the Axe Fx.

With proper setup of the Axe Fx loop, the signals levels should be the same.

If I do dig the ADA out of storage I will probably put the loop block first in the chain and use physical pedals for drive, phaser,,etc,, basically any pre amplifier block effects would be actual gear vs virtual. The power section emulation is something I never considered and the Leon Todd video makes a lot of sense. From there I can play with IR’s and feed in my effects from my blocks library. Does that sound like the best path forward?

Well… this is a very old thread… Hope someone still replies…

Back on my old teenager days, the MP-2 was the preamp I dreamed with, with the 10 voicings. I actually add the chance to demo one unit on a store and I loved the heaviest tones. But never had the chance to buy one…

Now I have the Axe Fx II and it hasn’t the MP-2 on it’s lists and hundred of amps/preamps available (it has Triaxis, Marshall JMP-1, among others but not the MP-2, or even the MP-1).

For those who had the MP-2, or way more experience than me, what would be the best way to get that 10 MP-2 tones/voicings out of the Axe II? Does anyone has some patches willing to share or some tips?

I really doesn

I really don’t want to spend 500€ for an MP-2, the real deal, when I have an Axe II, but this nostalgia things keeps bumping in my head… :(

Even some presets or tips for the MP-1 (or the MP-1 Classic with the Brown voicing) sound would already be cool, but the MP-2 would be awesome :)

Thanks all!

I really don’t want to spend 500€ for an MP-2, the real deal, when I have an Axe II, but this nostalgia things keeps bumping in my head… :(

Even some presets or tips for the MP-1 (or the MP-1 Classic with the Brown voicing) sound would already be cool, but the MP-2 would be awesome :)

Thanks all!
Leon Todd, @2112, might be able to help.

My MP-2 is borked and in need of service, but the stuff that does work is pretty straightforward "modded Marshall" to my ears.

Between the glut of Marshall and Marshall based models all those tones should be accessible. Whether that scratches the nostalgia itch or not is a different matter.

My latest MP-1 recreation is attached if that's of any use.

Attachments

• ADA LT-1 Ver.2.fasBundle
    19.4 KB · Views: 4
Back
Top Bottom