Actual amp differences between the Ultra and II?

rdomain

Inspired
Hiya,

I've been tweaking for days on end with the new Axe FX II and TBH, finding it a bit trickier than the Standard or Ultras that I've had previously. I'm putting this down to the models being super accurate therefore having a much greater frequency range and also just getting used to the new versions. Hardest tones being really heavy rock tones. Maintaining chunk and clarity while avoiding brittle top end. I use my Axe FX for live use mostly. Power amp to cab.

I was wondering if there is a list of comparisons between the amp differences between the Ultra and II? eg. I've found the diezel amps to be brighter and slightly bigger on the bottom end. The orange has a more OPEN tone. Or a list of differences in default settings to help emulate previous sounds.

Other things such as the presence control now equals 0 as opposed to 5?

I think the other issue is that I've gotten so used to tweaking on the Ultra and the sound of the Ultra. Gradually beginning to tame this beast.

I hear ya man. I'm still having some troubles with some of my high gain sounds. I wish there was an official tone comparison from Ultra to II.

I'm a high gain djent djent meedley meedely meedely type player...

Sent from my iPod.

Yeah it's an odd one hey. It's like the high gain tones are lacking the 'warmth' of the Ultra which in turn makes it harder to tweak. An official tone comparison would be very handy.

Back
Top Bottom