Acoustic Preset

ChiroVette

Inspired
I need a good acoustic guitar preset, so I am probably going to purchase Marco Fanton's Acoustic Preset 2 for my FM9. I bought a bunch of his presets, and they are all very good. I'm trying to figure out what scenes to use with the internal pickup of my acoustic. I have a Martin GPC 11E, and it has an internal Fishman pickup system. His preset has scenes for mic'ing the guitar, which I won't use unless at the moment. But I cannot, for the life of me, figure out if stock internal pickups are considered Piezo or are they called something else? I have gone to multiple sites, but have no idea if I should use one of his Piezo scenes in the preset or something else? I want to say that the pickup in the guitar is an internal mic of some sort, so maybe I should use a mic scene?

Also, I'm not sure if this is written in stone, but the manual shows a setup with an electric guitar and an acoustic, and seems to say that the acoustic should go into Input 2, but I can't figure out if I can use Input 1 for acoustic and switch with my electric, or if the acoustic guitar input should be different than the one I am using for my electric.

Edit: I may be answering my own question, but here is a pic of the acoustic hole and the pickup. Is this considered a microphone? If so, should I be using one of his his microphone scenes?

Attachments

• GPC 11E.jpg
    GPC 11E.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Whether your Fishman uses actual piezo pickups or not, you can consider them piezo for the purpose of this preset. Marco’s piezo scenes are intended for acoustic guitars with acoustic-style pickups, as opposed to magnetic pickups as you’d find on most solid-body guitars. So those scenes are the ones to use.

@Marco Fanton

Thank you guys!

He has one scene in the preset called "Microphone Input 2" and visually, that picture I posted looks like a microphone of some sort to my eyes, but I shouldn't consider it a microphone for the purposes of the preset, right? His third scene in the preset is called "Piezo". The scenes in order are:

Scene 1: Microphone Input 2
Scene 2: Acusti IR
Scene 3: Piezo
Scene 4: Plex IR
Scene 5: Nylon IR
Scene 6: Nylon Plex
Scene 7: Nylon Shim
Scene 8: Acoustic Shim

So for this guitar, when using the internal pickup, just go with Scene 3?

Not sure what Acusti IR means.

Back
Top Bottom