Acoustic guitar via Input 2

slyfry

Hi,

I've searched through the forum topics and have seen some traffic on hooking up an acoustic guitar through Input 2 but I'm still not having success setting it up. I'm still very, very new to the Axe-FX so I'm sure that's why. Still, here is my situation. I want to have my electric going into the front-panel input and my acoustic into Input 2. Then, if a particular patch calls for the acoustic, it is enable through to the Output 1 which I have hooked up to my Atomic amp. Is this something others are doing as well or is this not recommended/possible? An example routing matrix would be very helpful if anyone could share one.

Thanks in advance,
Randy

To enable Input2 you need to use the FXL block (Effects Loop) in the grid.

Hi Yek,

Yep...got that in there. I think my issue is finding out how to route the output over to Output1 (which is connected to my AtomicFR) instead of Output2. Is this what most people are doing or are they just taking Output2 to FOH?

Thx,
Randy

Aha! Well, you can use Input1 (Right) to get your acoustic signal to Output1, but it won't be switchable through patches.

http://www.soundsculpture.com/products/pt_abcadabra.htm

Here is another solution- i went this route after using input 2 for my acoustic. You cannot engage the tuner for input 2- I needed the tuner.
It has been about 2 years since i set it up, but i send from my footcontroler a message whichs selects A or B (the Axefx content passes thru). Both guitars are routed thru the front input.

when using the efx loop, make sure it is not in the first block and that input 2 is turned up.

Mike Snider said:

Here is another solution- i went this route after using input 2 for my acoustic. You cannot engage the tuner for input 2- I needed the tuner.
It has been about 2 years since i set it up, but i send from my footcontroler a message whichs selects A or B (the Axefx content passes thru). Both guitars are routed thru the front input.

when using the efx loop, make sure it is not in the first block and that input 2 is turned up.

That is what I use, it works great.

yek said:
Aha! Well, you can use Input1 (Right) to get your acoustic signal to Output1, but it won't be switchable through patches.

If you use the input select (L or R) on the amp it essentially can be.

slyfry said:
Hi Yek,

Yep...got that in there. I think my issue is finding out how to route the output over to Output1 (which is connected to my AtomicFR) instead of Output2. Is this what most people are doing or are they just taking Output2 to FOH?

Thx,
Randy

To route your output over to output 1 go from the fx loop (don't place in row 1 and nothing input to it in the grid) and just shut to the end of the grid. This will take the input from input 2 and route it to output 1

javajunkie said:
Mike Snider said:

That is what I use, it works great.

I got that idea from you.
i love it- perfect solution.

Thank you for the suggestion. Here is what I have done thus far. I started with an empty grid and placed an FXL in the last column of row 2 and then connected its output to the final OUTPUT. Still nothing. I think I'm missing something fundamental here...

Thx,
Randy

Did you check the input and output settings in the I/O menu?

My bad...it actually is working...I just had to crank up the Input 2 level to almost 75% to hear it. Thanks to all for the help!!

Regards,
Randy

slyfry said:
My bad...it actually is working...I just had to crank up the Input 2 level to almost 75% to hear it. Thanks to all for the help!!

Regards,
Randy

One word of caution when using the Atomic and Acoustic together. The Atomics frequency range is as low as 20hz-you may find that you hear a thumping noise (depends upon the type of pickup you use) caused by compression when your hand strikes the strings or body of the guitar.....at least this was my scenario.
I dialed that out by putting a filter block line in with a low frequency cutoff at around 40hz -7db, eliminating the low end compression.
Dont know if you will experience the same- but thought i would mention.

Back
Top Bottom