Acoustic guitar presets

roflo

I am not looking for an acoustic guitar simulation from playing an electric guitar to make it resemble an acoustic. What I am looking for is also plugging my acoustic guitar into my AX8 and having different presets that are tailored for an acoustic guitar being played through the PA. Geneally an acoustic guitar straight through the PA sounds anemic at best. I am looking for some great alternative acoustic guitar presets that will spice up my acoustic guitar sound.

Last edited:
I am not looking for an acoustic guitar simulation from playing an electric guitar to make it resemble an acoustic. What I am looking for is also plugging my acoustic guitar into my AX8 and having different presets that are tailored for an acoustic guitar be played through the PA. Geneally an acoustic guitar straight through the PA sounds anemic at best. I am looking for some great alternative acoustic guitar presets that will spice up my acoustic guitar sound.

PS: I am aware of the one acoustic guitar preset that in i beleive is in bank 64 but I am looking for something a little less generic sounding. Are there any 3 rd party patches that are really good for an actual acoustic guitar?

I am looking for something a little less generic sounding

Can you give an example of a non-generic acoustic guitar preset sound?

For my acoustic sounds, my LR Baggs Anthem does the heavy lifting. I just add a studio comp, para EQ and a light touch of HQ verb.

yes.....maybe a preset that creates a sense of more depth and ambiance and spaciousness........but a preset again that is more geared towards acoustic guitar than tailored for an electric. My point being plugging straight into a PA most of the time sounds thin and brittle, having presets that give some alternate sound choice modeling for acoustic guitar would be amazing. I realize the Fractal units are all gear towards electric guitar sound , but with all that dsp power under its hood there seems there should be some options also for plugging straight into the AX8 and would make an acoustic guitar sound amazing if not only better than plugging straight into a direct box into a PA.

If it sounds thin and brittle just try some EQ settings, or maybe an IR. If you want non-linear effects then a tube pre-amp block might give you what you're looking for. Or a clean amp/cab block. Plenty of stuff inside the box to think out of the box.

My experience with using an acoustic guitar, from a live FOH standpoint, with modelers is to not use the tube preamp emulation. I find it always make the acoustic sound digital. As well, stay away from IR's. If the preamp in your acoustic is decent all you should need to use is an EQ block and a bit of reverb. All other effects are utility and taste! The AX8 Acoustic template preset in the last few banks is a good starting point. Just remove the tube preamp model. You may need to use a filter block to gain up the signal once you remove it. Or the level on any other block. I like to use it on either the compressor or a null filter that's always on

Just one mans opinion!

My experience with using an acoustic guitar, from a live FOH standpoint, with modelers is to not use the tube preamp emulation. I find it always make the acoustic sound digital. As well, stay away from IR's. If the preamp in your acoustic is decent all you should need to use is an EQ block and a bit of reverb. All other effects are utility and taste! The AX8 Acoustic template preset in the last few banks is a good starting point. Just remove the tube preamp model. You may need to use a filter block to gain up the signal once you remove it. Or the level on any other block. I like to use it on either the compressor or a null filter that's always on

Just one mans opinion!

The few occasions I had an acoustic git on stage I went directly into the desk via a DI box and added a bit of compression and reverb using the desks built-in FX. Being a rock guitar player I'm not too picky on acoustic sounds, though.

here's a preset I use with a piezo bridge pick-up. Just blend the straight preamp with the parallel cab block to taste. Also included the acoustic IR cab block by itself.

Attachments

• acous SIM 2 9:20:16.syx
    23.3 KB · Views: 165
  • Taylor 314ce - DPA 4011.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 157
Back
Top Bottom