Acoustic Guitar lead tone question

Kelleys Heroes

Experienced
Looking for suggestions on the best Fractal OD boosts for acoustic guitar, and also feedback suppression techniques- particularly for when I kick in the boost pedal.

If I don't find the right pedal combo, I will just use scene levels for a boost tone, but I would something a bit more than that sonically.

I’m not much of a fan of drive pedals on an acoustic tone. If I were looking for a little boost or hair on an acoustic, I’d look at a neutral amp model like the Tube Pre, and push it a little bit.

Your best bets for feedback suppression are phase inversion and a notch filter. You’ll have to dial them in at the venue, because each situation is different. Also consider a plug four your soundhole.

As always, less gain = less feedback. ;)

Neither am I generally, but Monte Montgomery uses OD on acoustic guitar leads to great effect.

Great example. I've seen him many times and my recollection was that his tone, even with the OD, was really clean, not to mention very compressed and in a constant state of controlled feedback.

KH,

Here, try this one. Best used with scenes 2, 3 or 4 with reverb and/or chorus for a richer, fuller sound. While it seems complicated, the filter process is comparatively straight-forward

This was courtesy of a fellow forum member who had tweaked this preset for quite a while before providing it online.

Attachments

• ACSTIC 1.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 9
I’d start with a PEQ Filter block. Adjust the EQ to boost the frequency range you want, generally midrange, and notch out any frequencies which are prone to feedback.

Back
Top Bottom