AccessingFX II presets via MFC-101

I've read about rearranging preset order via AxeEdit in order to get the presets aligned with MFC-101 switches, but I'm reluctant to do that because I'd like to be able to keep the default patch order (not sure why, but seems like a good idea). I've tried to program the 101 to access different presets (EDIT>PRESET>BANK UP/DOWN) but after I exit the edit mode, it reverts back to the original preset. I recently upgraded FX and MFC FW and confirmed that I reset the FXII settings to the "play" vs. "upgrade" mode. I've got to think that I can set MFC preset 1 to FX setting 45 or whatever and MFC preset 2 to 202 or whatever.

What I am doing wrong?

Thank you, Forum.

Nick

I'm afraid I need more help here. And I've consulted the Wiki, past Forum posts, and manuals with no success. I went to pg. 37 of the manual and not sure of your suggestion--are you saying to use song or bank modes? I see that in preset mode the presets are in strict numerical order. That makes sense from the MFC-101 perspective, but it sure seems like I should be able to reassign any MFC switch to any FX preset....

Thanks for any additional help.

You can map the presets in the Axe:
I/O -> Midi -> Mapping Mode: Custom -> Map from Preset...to Preset

But I would recommend just moving the presets

Last edited:
Song mode

On the MFC-
Click EDIT, then click SONG/SET. You'll see SONG001 P01=p001. Click PARAMETER right twice to highlight the P001, then change that (using INCR or DECR) to select the number of the preset you want on the first switch. Then click PARAMETER left to highlight the P01 and then INCR to change it to P02 to assign the next preset you want onto switch 2. You can set up to 15 presets per Song, then in SONG MODE use INCR to bank up (using INCR) to SONG002 to go to the next 15 presets.

Now make sure you have the MFC in SONG mode- click EDIT, then SETUP, then PAGE right once to change PERFMODE to SONG. I use this to make my sets for shows, each SONG00? becomes a set (I rarely have more than 15 songs in a set), and use REVEAL if I need to access Scenes or FX IAs.

Song mode

On the MFC-
Click EDIT, then click SONG/SET. You'll see SONG001 P01=p001. Click PARAMETER right over twice to highlight the P001, then change that (using INCR or DECR) to select the number of the preset you want on the first switch. Then click PARAMETER left to highlight the P01 and then INCR to change it to P02 to assign the next preset you want onto switch 2. You can set up to 15 presets per Song, then use INCR to bank up to SONG002 to go to the next 15 presets.

Now make sure you have the MFC in SONG mode- click EDIT, then SETUP, then PAGE right once to change PERFMODE to SONG. I use this to make my sets for shows, each SONG00? becomes a set (I rarely have more than 15 songs in a set), and use REVEAL if I need to access Scenes or FX IAs.

+1
Or use the MFC-Edit program.
MFC-Edit - Software Editor for the MFC-101
Video overview of MFC-Edit.

Or use Fedit.

Back
Top Bottom