Wish Access the presets by their number

MicPop

Inspired
I would like to be able to access any preset by typing its number a (three digits) on my FC pedal.

This request has been made before and is heard and understood.
It's called "Direct Numeric Access" by other foot board manufacturers.

It would require an FC-12 to work well on our products, I think.
You'd have digits 0-9 plus ENTER and CANCEL. If you enter the maximum possible number of digits (3 on any product with 512 presets, 4 on any product with 1024 presets) the last digit also operates as ENTER.

I'd have to add that I'd think it unlikely that this would be added anytime soon because its limited use on FC-12 only would give precedence to other more universally appealing additions.

Sorry but I had researched this topic before posting and couldn't find anything.
I took note of your answer. Thank you

@Admin M@ What about using switch hold on the FC-6 to access the rest of the digits? Switches 1 through 5 could be digits 1,2,3,4,5 on press and 6,7,8,9,0 on hold. Switch 6 could be enter on press and cancel on hold. The scribble strips for each button could show the available functions for both press and hold. Maybe something like "1 / 6", "2 / 7", ... "Entr / Clr", etc. You could then for example go to preset 248 by tapping switches 2 then 4, then holding switch 3 to get the 8, and then tapping switch 6 for enter.

Last edited:
Having used numeric access on multiple controllers for a long time, I don’t think that tap/hold works well for that purpose, IMHO. Numeric access requires fast and failsafe entry.
This. In order for numeric entry to work reliably, you really need to have at least ten switches available.

I'm not saying it wouldn't work on an FC-6, but that it would be clumsy and not many people would like to use it.

Back
Top Bottom